3 Tier brewstand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digitizer101

Reaction score
I just finished my first brewstand.

It is made of mostly scrap material I had left from building some work benches in the basement.

Brewstand.jpg

I still use two 5 gallon igloo coolers. I hope to convert an Airvoid system I found into a mash tun soon.

BrewstandCrush.jpg

It transforms into a mobile grain crusher as well.

BrewstandElectric.jpg

Here is a view of the electrical hook up for the pump and if I ever get around to it the electric hot liquor tank.

BrewstandSlideout.jpg

Image of the grain slideout all closed up.

BrewstandStore.jpg

And here is the whole thing packed and ready to travel. Well by travel I mean in and out of the garage this thing must weigh over a hundred pounds.

That is all for now. Please let me know what you think and if anyone has any suggestions feel free to comment.

Thanks

Just thought I would drop a line on this post to say that I love the simplicity yet usefulness of this stand. WAY easier than most 3-tier stands. I actually took this same concept and used it for my own stand that is doubling as a workbench. It just uses my turkey fryer placed on top and next to it to create the three tiers. Here's a link to the build: http://www.simplybeginning.com/how-to-build-a-work-bench-brew-stand

I have only one question; how often do you wash your hands?:)

J/K, that's a pretty well thought out stand.

How do you get the wort out of the brew kettle? Is it high enough to siphon into carboys?

That was one thing I noticed with this as well. When I built mine that was similar to this, I was lucky enough to be using a turkey fryer that holds my brew kettle up high enough to just open up the ball valve and let it flow into the carboy. It looks like you would have to use a siphon here though because the bottom tier is so close to the ground.

I do have to use a bricks under the feet of my turkey fryer to raise it up enough to fill a carboy. poor planning on my part when I built it.

It has been an awesome system for me I have even loaded it up in the truck (with a little help) and gone on the road to do some brewing demos.

Back