3 bbl nano design advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcinpdx

Reaction score
Hello- I am looking at a few types of 3bbl - 3.5 bbl systems and wanted some advice on an idea. I have access to natural gas and currently a maximum of about 100a panel. My thought was to go with a 2 vessel set up and a Rinnai 199 tankless heater. The BK would be electric, with 2-3 6000 watt elements. Mash tun would use the Rinnai for strike water. After mash out, wort should be 165-170, making the time to boil reasonable (about 50 mins as far as I can calculate) with limited power. I would be sacrificing step mashes for the most part, but other than that, what are the issues folks see with this approach? It seems cost prohibitive to upgrade the panel, but relatively inexpensive to add gas.

18000 Watt in a 3.5bbl kettle would give you at best an hourly evaporation rate of about 5%. It could work but it's cutting it a bit close.

Latest posts

Back