2nd Case Blues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandokilla

Reaction score
My first batch was an American Wheat mini-mash kit. Nailed all the numbers (OG, FG, ferm temps), and I gotta say, as a wheat beer fan, I've been really happy with the results. Only downside, I've just got into my second case, and I'm coming to realize what everyone means by "pipeline". I have a Texas Bock in the fridge that's about ready to bottle, but I'm dreading the fact that I may have to actually buy beer until I can afford to start kegging my beer to build up a more reliable stock pile. #firstworldproblems

Get more fermenters and brew often until you have a good supply going. You don't need to get the kegging stuff to build a pipeline. Get a bunch of bottles and build up a good supply. Get all of your friends to save you bottles until you have a lot of them. Then try to fill the, faster than you drink them. Actually I find the kegged stuff goes faster. kegs will not help you build your pipeline, brewing will.

I have many fermenters and try to keep them full. So pick up another fermenter or teo so you can have multiple batches going at the same time.

wait till your friends discover your " free" beer...you will need 20 fermentors 6 taps and a dedicated building for brewing...aswk me how I know this lol.

After a while I found that I like the few times I run out of homebrew and have to go buy from the store. It gives me a chance to try beers I have not had before.

Back