• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2lbs Simcoe Whole Leaf Sitting in my Freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dm2bfree

Reaction score
****** SOLD *****

I made a big order of hops (by my standards :) in Jan that have been sitting in my freezer and I'm afraid I'm not going to use them anytime soon.. a one year old and a preggo wife tend to cut into brewing time :)

Anyway, I bought them from freshhops.com on Jan 26 '11, received shortly after. They have been sitting in my freezer ever since.. Any interest in someone buying them? Like I said I have 2lbs simcoe, also have a 1lb of pellet chinook in my freezer as well.

I'm in Lakewood, CA so if anyone is close I don't mind local pick up. I am a legit person, check my username (dm2bfree) on ebay if that helps. Paypal would be best method of payment..

Not sure what the going rate is right now, let me know if you interested..

Thank You,

John

After looking around for a minute, I noticed they seem to be going anywhere $2.50oz -$4.00oz when they were most recently in stock.

I think a fair value is $3.00 an ounce. If I'm off base, please let me know. I don't mind splitting it up if that much isn't needed. I'll give it to tonight to see if someone local wants them as it's just easier for me.

First local person to send me an email [email protected] (my inbox is full here) has them. paypal (add 3%) or cash works.

Thanks.

Respectfully, i do think you're a bit high. Bulk hops can usually be had for $1.25 - $2.00/oz almost always, and often under $1/oz. And that's from a retailer.

Yes, the are still in the original Fresh Hops bag, never opened. It looks like they spun the top a bunch of times then twist tied it. I took a picture of it so I can text to you if you email me your #.

Also, I just looked at what I originally paid $60.55 (including shipping), make me an offer, I just want to get rid of them. Wifey is bitching about freezer space & they take a lot of room!

I made a big order of hops (by my standards :) in Jan that have been sitting in my freezer and I'm afraid I'm not going to use them anytime soon.. a one year old and a preggo wife tend to cut into brewing time :)

Anyway, I bought them from freshhops.com on Jan 26 '11, received shortly after. They have been sitting in my freezer ever since.. Any interest in someone buying them? Like I said I have 2lbs simcoe, also have a 1lb of pellet chinook in my freezer as well.

I'm in Lakewood, CA so if anyone is close I don't mind local pick up. I am a legit person, check my username (dm2bfree) on ebay if that helps. Paypal would be best method of payment..

Not sure what the going rate is right now, let me know if you interested..

Thank You,

John

Just looked up Simcoe online at Midwest, while yes they are out of stock, the price when buying by the half lb to buy 1lb comes out to 1.87 per oz, so you add some to that since they are hard to find and settle on say 2.50 an oz, seems a fair price.

Rebel Brewer has chinook in stock for 1.89 per oz, since they are not high demand like Simcoe, i would think you would have to beat that, say 1.50 per oz.

i am not looking to buy either, just a suggestion on what fair pricing all around would be.

The chinook I'll dump cheap, I have two 1# vaccum sealed pellet bags been in the freezer since I bought as well. 1.50/oz so $24 each.

If someone wants to give me what I paid for the simcoe (61$), they are yours. That comes comes to $1.90/oz.

Its all good either way.. Someone will buy them or I'll just ebay them.. Thanks for the input everyone.

Back