2l starter over flow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bragona71

Reaction score
I stepped up a 1l starter to 2l yesterday and the 2l flask overflowed all over when it was on stir plate. I took it off stir plate and now its roughly 1600ml left. I am brewing a high og(shooting for 1.084) today and im not sure that starter will work now it was a wyeast 1056. I have a us-05 in the fridge shoule I pitch them both to be safe?

Just pitch what you have left. It will be fine. No to the dry yeast. The fact that you even made a starter at all will provide some insurance for a healthy fermentation. If you're a little short on cells, it won't be a big deal.

Just pitch what you have left. It will be fine. No to the dry yeast. The fact that you even made a starter at all will provide some insurance for a healthy fermentation. If you're a little short on cells, it won't be a big deal.

Thank you! I have never brewed with a high OG as this, I just want to make sure I have enough..The yeasties are going to town. I put it on the stir plate again and turn it on every few minutes keeping them awake and chomping away

Back