20Gallon kettle looking for DIY advices/projects

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrGoblin

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm reading your board since a year or so, getting a load of information on everything. I'm getting tired of making beer over the oven or with my gaz burner, I want to build something more efficient and practical.

I would love to build a RIMS but I would also like to build it by recycling a old kettle.

Here are the specs and a picture :
a 1961 steam kettle GROEN 20-GALLON JACKETED KETTLE, MODEL # FT20, MAX PRESSURE 40 PSI @ 300 DEG. F.
http://www.unionmachinery.com/images/ProductImages/88a_Groen.jpg

This kettle was used to cook food with a boiller connected to the bottom... the steam going between the two layers of stainless steam.

Most boilers sold are for industrial use only, I want to use something safe and practical at home.

Do you have any advices on how I could build an electrical Micro-brewery using this kettle ? Setup ? Design ideas ? Parts i should use.

I will buy a high temp pump, temperature sensors and controllers, I also have a cooler as a mash tun...

Thanks,

MrGoblin

Back