2016 Dark Lord Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to get him a message to see if he still wants to go.

Yeah, I didn't get a response from him either.

So, if anyone is looking for an extra ticket, LMK. I'm willing to negotiate price if you don't want all of the bottles.

Related: I need to stop buying extra tickets assuming that i'll have people that want to go, this is three years in a row now that i'm looking to get rid of tickets...

So, if anyone is looking for an extra ticket, LMK. I'm willing to negotiate price if you don't want all of the bottles.

Related: I need to stop buying extra tickets assuming that i'll have people that want to go, this is three years in a row now that i'm looking to get rid of tickets...

That's why people are always looking to get in, some people get multiples, while others pay exorbitant prices to buy on the secondary market.

He has made other plans. Wish We could have hooked up earlier. Thanks anyway! I am sure someone there will buy it

Let me know asap. I am apart of a facebook DLD group and can get your extra sold immediately.

If anyone has a ticket they would like to sell me I would be greatly appreciative. My friends all got in and I'm going with them, but wasn't able to get a ticket. Thanks!

Text conversation with my wife just a little bit ago:

Wife: Is 9:47 too early to start drinking?
Me: Nope.
Me: Live every day like it's Dark Lord Day.

Text conversation with my wife just a little bit ago:

Wife: Is 9:47 too early to start drinking?
Me: Nope.
Me: Live every day like it's Dark Lord Day.

No kidding, we'll be starting drinking at 6am or so on Saturday. It's the only day a year that I can go that long.

100% chance of rain now. I know it still has time to change, but went and bought some rain gear just in case.

Waterproof rain boots at walmart $20

I just wore jeans and a nylon jacket last year, didn't think it was that bad.... I was cold at first, but noticed it less and less throughout the day.

100% chance of rain now. I know it still has time to change, but went and bought some rain gear just in case.

Waterproof rain boots at walmart $20

It's DLD... it has to be crazy weather. Pack your shorts, snow pants, rain gear, sunscreen, flip flops, sweatshirts, spray bottle fans and mittens

Yeah I'm happy it will be warmer. I just bought a few ponchos from dicks sporting goods for $2 and a pair of waterproof boots. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

From FFF's twitter:

"We have a special release available in the kiosk today. Bloobs, a blueberry sour ale, in 750ml bottles. Limit 1 per person and $30 a bottle."

If anyone is there today and is willing to pick up an extra bottle for me, I'd love to try it.

Gentlemen,

I hope to see you all tomorrow. None of us will remember it, but it shall be a good time. I'll be sharing beers at the holiday Inn tonight if anyone is nearby, I'm the 6'4" guy with brown hair and a red beard... look like an unkempt shop foreman or a well groomed Viking warrior. I am taking what for me would be about three months worth of beer to get me through the weekend... no mega whales... but some whales. I need to go catch a nap since I've been up for twenty hours and leave in four.

Cheers!

Hope to see a few folks tomorrow

Only have a phone # from Patrick so hopefully I'll at least catch up with him, anyone else that wants to hang out you can PM me your phone # and email addy and I'll share/add you to the admittedly tiny spreadsheet

Group B, hope I get one of the vanilla variants, we'll see.

Planning on bring to share:
2013 Dark Lord
2011 stone vertical epic
Homebrew:
ESB
RIS
Sweet Hard Cider
Bochet mead

Awesome shares last night..

If you see me, stop me. Unfortunately I didn't bring homebrew though. I'l be in black jeans with a grey sweatshirt that says Margot & the nuclear so and so's. Knee high rubber boots and most likely (hopefully not) a poncho haha.

Rough weather today but good company. Had a blast despite a mishap where 3F tried denying me my bottles. *shakes head*

What happened?

I tore the stub off my pass right in front of them to give to them. They proceeded to tell me only they could tear them. I replied that they clearly watched me tear it and my pass had not been scanned yet but they told me too bad. It was ridiculous with others in line calling them out for being surly. I ended up leaving the line, reentering, seeing a new guy and had no issue whatsoever. Just a couple jerks on a power trip I suppose. Whatever. It all ended up fine in the end.

It still doesn't make sense that standing in line in terrible weather for overrated beer is any fun, but it was again this year.

It was cool to meet a few of you in person, hopefully in my intoxicated state I wasn't making TOO much of a fool of myself.

:mug:

Well I only ruined one pair of uniform pants after some ******* drunk, who had not gotten his DL yet, decided he wanted to fight one of the security guys working there. But all in all a good day. Only 4 arrests in 9 years of the event. I thank everyone for keeping their groups in line.

I think we had 4 or 5 actual medical calls down there. Only 1 person was transported to the hospital, but that was quite possibly due to a fight over a phone charger...

I think we had 4 or 5 actual medical calls down there. Only 1 person was transported to the hospital, but that was quite possibly due to a fight over a phone charger...

My wife said that a friend of hers (who is trained in CPR) had to perform CPR on someone there. The guy then refused medical attention when help got there. :eek:

Only one transport is surprising to me. But that's not bad.

Thanks for the work you do keeping everyone safe there!

Wow. What a weekend.

I was soaked to the bone, completely inebriated, and worst of all they ran out of tacos, and chili for the hot dogs. Other than that it was really a lot of fun. It's a well run event. It was much easier to see the bands this year, and I wasn't standing in mud up to my ankles. I appreciated that a lot.

We talked to a cop on the way out at about 9:30. He said this year was a little rowdier than usual. He said there was a really, really big guy who went a little nuts. He ended up punching a cop. They tazed him multiple times. Twice on bare skin. the cop said it just seemed to piss him off. It took 5 cops to get him on the ground and in cuffs. How much beer do you need to drink, to get to that point? Maybe a little Meth in there as well? Who knows?

BTW - Did anyone else get a pour of the 'Founders Mango Magnifico con Calor'? It was undrinkable. I gave it to 3 other people, and they couldn't drink it either. I want my $5 back.

There was someone in the Metal tent passing around some homebrew. It was really good. It was barrel aged and had a nice coconut flavor to it.

I figured it might be an HBTer, but I didn't really get a chance to talk to him.

Was that anyone on here?

There was someone in the Metal tent passing around some homebrew. It was really good. It was barrel aged and had a nice coconut flavor to it.

I figured it might be an HBTer, but I didn't really get a chance to talk to him.

Was that anyone on here?

I tried a couple homebrews. Whenever the conversation came up about homebrewing, I asked if it was anyone here. No one. I told them to join though. Standing in line I tried this guys pretty decent coffee stout.

BTW - Did anyone else get a pour of the 'Founders Mango Magnifico con Calor'? It was undrinkable. I gave it to 3 other people, and they couldn't drink it either. I want my $5 back.

Undrinkable how? Didn't have it there, but my wife ordered one at a local craft beer bar friday night and enjoyed it. I had a sip and thought it was tasty...

Undrinkable how? Didn't have it there, but my wife ordered one at a local craft beer bar friday night and enjoyed it. I had a sip and thought it was tasty...

The Dark Lord has to piss in someone's beer after he drinks all those bottles that go missing.

I love anything with Mango, so I was interested in trying it. It tasted like a funky mango soda. It was unpleasant - at least to me.

I passed it around and got the same reaction from a few people, so I know it wasn't just me.

I looked online as well. It got a similar review from quite a few people.

I love anything with Mango, so I was interested in trying it. It tasted like a funky mango soda. It was unpleasant - at least to me.

I passed it around and got the same reaction from a few people, so I know it wasn't just me.

I looked online as well. It got a similar review from quite a few people.

It was very good the last release (2014 maybe?), but this year it tastes like super sweet mango candy, and something else off putting that I can't put my finger on. Terrible, imo. I drank less than 8 oz from a bottle, then dumped it. Tried a bit another day from a bottle my friend had, and had the same experience from both of us. :(

Latest posts

Back