2013's How many gal of homebrew in 2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I quit adding to this way back when people quit learning to read the opening statement about not posting wine/cider/etc.. and only beer. Anybody feel like going back nearly 500 pages and subtracting those things to find the true count?

And no, that wasn't me volunterring..

You obviously have missed the few of us keeping an eye on it and keeping the count accurate through out the whole process. I assure you that the count is as accurate as it can be with the information provided.

I'll add my end-of-year tally. Unless I'm forgetting anything, and I'll round down for honesty sake, my brews for 2013 are:
5 gallons Green Flash West Coast IPA clone
5 gallons honey kolsch
5 gallons american wheat
5 gallons Blanche de Brugges clone
5 gallons deception cream stout
3 gallons oktoberfest
9 gallons APA
3 gallons rye IPA
3 gallons black IPA

= 43 gallons

58,145 + 43 = 58,188

-John

58203 + 3 = 58206

Unfortunately this is my only batch this year. For whatever reason having Triplets really brings down the amount I can brew.
Luckily I brewed enough last year to hold me over. Always be prepared ha.

One more in the fermenter, one more almost done with the mash. These will be the last batches of the year for me. Already added my previous batches this year to the thread, but I think that makes about 120 gallons or so for my household, not including the group brews I've done (which would put me closer to 200 gallons). Heh.

+5 Doppelsticke Altbier
+5 Sticke Altbier

= 58223

58203 + 3 = 58206

Unfortunately this is my only batch this year. For whatever reason having Triplets really brings down the amount I can brew.
Luckily I brewed enough last year to hold me over. Always be prepared ha.

If you manage to do one brew a year for the next 3 years you will be doing good having triplets. You might want to start brewing at night or early in the morning. :mug:

I'll add my end-of-year tally. Unless I'm forgetting anything, and I'll round down for honesty sake, my brews for 2013 are:
5 gallons Green Flash West Coast IPA clone
5 gallons honey kolsch
5 gallons american wheat
5 gallons Blanche de Brugges clone
5 gallons deception cream stout
3 gallons oktoberfest
9 gallons APA
3 gallons rye IPA
3 gallons black IPA

= 43 gallons

58,145 + 43 = 58,188

-John

John, how did that Green Flash come out? I just bottled Clone Brews' version of it. -John S

Just getting into brewing. About ready to bottle the LBK. So only 2 gallons for me.

58,211 + 2 = 58,213

The greatest journey begins with a single step.
I began one year ago as you are now. Today I brew grain batches, have 24 done, own 6 fermenters. And I still have much to learn. Welcome to the obsession.

Managed to squeeze another batch in before the new year. Good luck to everybody else trying to get a little more done this weekend.

58244 + 5 gallons oatmeal stout = 58249

Since my last post:

20g pale ale
10g american wheat
5g vanilla porter
5g holiday spiced ale
5g red ipa
5g magic hat #9 clone

58,264 + 50 = 58314g

Since I've just been lurking around reading and not writing, let me add my year's worth before it's too late.
5 g kolsch
5g honey ale
5g cider (if that doesn't count, remove it)
5g scotch Ale 80
5g pale lager
5g pale ale
5g caribou slobber
5g dead ringer
58,314 + 40 = 58,354

Sent from my HTC One using Home Brew mobile app

Since my last post:

9.5 gal Orange Honey Hefeweizen
3 gal Basic Wheat
3 gal Chocolate Stout
6 gal Pale ale

58,355.5 + 21.5 = 58,377

Since I've just been lurking around reading and not writing, let me add my year's worth before it's too late.
5 g kolsch
5g honey ale
5g cider (if that doesn't count, remove it)
5g scotch Ale 80
5g pale lager
5g pale ale
5g caribou slobber
5g dead ringer
58,314 + 40 = 58,354

Sent from my HTC One using Home Brew mobile app

58457 + 5 IPA

= 58462

Cheers!
:mug:

Cider does not count so - 5 gallons + 6 gallons of White Rajah clone attempt = 58463

Back