2013 Michigan Football - GO BLUE!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMJfan

Reaction score
Well, it's gameday bitches!

I know we had a thread for Michigan Football in here last year so I'm starting one up today for the 2013 season for fellow Michigan fans here in the forum to discuss the season!

First of all, here is a damn sweet hype video I found on Youtube that gives me chills everytime I watch it:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/v7Ic3g9Hn1U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What are everyone's thoughts regarding the season? Optimism? Cautiously Optimistic? Skeptical? I'm always a glass half full type so I am actually of the opinion that we have the talent to get to Indy to play for the B1G Championship. We're young, but I still think we out talent anyone in the Leaders Division. I think it is all going to hinge around how our new guys on the interior of the o-line pan out. If they can gel as a unit, they could be very good but only time will tell at this point.

Can't wait for 3:30! I have about 10 of my Big House IPA (a Pliny the Elder clone) chilling in my beer fridge:

002.jpg

GO BLUE!!! :mug:

There he is!

I'm giddy about the future. I love the battering rams we're going to have in the stable for the rest of the season (and next 3-4 years). We're following the Alabama blueprint perfectly in my opinion. Right now, I'll be happy with growing and developing our talent from game to game. Would I love to get to Indy and win and have a shot at the Nat Championship? Sure. But I don't think it's necessarily going to go down like that. We're still young, so I'm giving the team the benefit of the doubt. Either way, Hoke is right on the f'ing mark with what he's doing. I couldn't be more pleased with his job thusfar, and we'll be reaping the benefits on the path he's put us on very very soon.

Let's all get excited when Michigan isn't playing CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY!

The only reason they got to play CMU first is due to the ultimate embarrassing opener last year.

Let's all get excited when Michigan isn't playing CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY!

The only reason they got to play CMU first is due to the ultimate embarrassing opener last year.

It's week 1 of the college football season. Michigan could've played Butternut Tech and I would've been excited about a victory.

It's week 1 of the college football season. Michigan could've played Butternut Tech and I would've been excited about a victory.

No **** Jeff! College football is back and that's all I care about.

Also, at least Michigan took care of business against a crappy team. The spread was 31 points and we won by 50! How many times in the past has Michigan failed to even cover the spread against weaker opponents?

Lastly, at least they didn't look like MooU against Western! I thought MSU would struggle offensively, but I certainly didn't expect them to have more punting yards than they had total offensive yards and need the defense to bail them out by outscoring their offense to a bad WMU team.

And then there was Ohio acting like they were going to run it up on lowly Buffalo in classless Urban Meyer fashion going for 2 on each of their first two scores only to see Buffalo try to make a game out of it being only down 10 in the 3rd quarter! :D

At least Michigan got to rest their starters and get some of our numerous youngsters some much needed snaps like Shane Morris, Derrick Green and Deveon Smith in a meaningless game as MSU and OSU didn't have that luxury...

Now it's on to ND under the lights! I didn't watch their game as it was on at the same time as ours, but they too looked like they struggled to put away Temple. And now Brian Kelley is trying to act as if the Michigan/ND series isn't a historical rivalry? If it weren't for Michigan, ND wouldn't have a football team as they taught ND how to play the game!

Well, there is that. It was so cold yesterday that I made Chicken corn Chowder for the wife (She wasn't feeling well and since she makes the chili aroudn here I wasn't going to ask her to cook for me.) and bemoaned the fact that there wasn't even a football game to watch!

There he is!

I'm giddy about the future. I love the battering rams we're going to have in the stable for the rest of the season (and next 3-4 years). We're following the Alabama blueprint perfectly in my opinion. Right now, I'll be happy with growing and developing our talent from game to game. Would I love to get to Indy and win and have a shot at the Nat Championship? Sure. But I don't think it's necessarily going to go down like that. We're still young, so I'm giving the team the benefit of the doubt. Either way, Hoke is right on the f'ing mark with what he's doing. I couldn't be more pleased with his job thusfar, and we'll be reaping the benefits on the path he's put us on very very soon.

Wow...Ignorance was bliss, huh?

Wow...Ignorance was bliss, huh?

Key words in your original post were that you would be happy with growing and developing our talent from game to game. :confused: Where has the development of our young talent been?

This has been one of the most disappointing and frustrating seasons I can remember following Michigan football! Maybe I should add infuriating in there as well! I wasn't expecting NC contenders. But, Hoke himself set the standard of competing for a B1G Championship or the season is a failure. Well, I'd say this season clearly ranks in the failure category after back to back weeks of finishing the game with negative yardage rushing as Bo tosses and turns in his grave?!

I'm not ready to start calling for Hoke's head just yet. However, my man crush on him has quickly dissipated with our performance on the field this season and his constantly throwing the players under the bus after losses by citing things like game plans would have worked had the players just executed and not made so many mistakes. I'm sorry, but you have to be deaf, dumb and blind to think that the game plans Al Borges came up with the last 2 games would have worked given our weakness along our offensive line?! If it wasn't clear as day before this season that one of the weak links on this coaching staff was Al Borges, it should be now after his woeful excuse of an offensive game plan over our last 2 games! One freaking touchdown in our last 8 quarters after putting up 60+ and almost 800 total yards of offense on Indiana??? But this has been fatty's M.O. from day one as Michigan's OC. He has a good stretch and then follows it up with some duds (usually those occur on the road in big games, i.e. @ PSU and @ MSU this season)

So, with that said, a lot of my feelings towards Hoke will depend on what he does about some of the dead weight he seems to be carrying around on his coaching staff. One fat ass in particular is accountable for much of that dead weight! If he isn't gone by next season, I will begin to have serious doubts as to whether or not this job is simply too big for Brady Hoke. He's got some serious decisions to make this off season regarding his staff so it will be interesting to see what he does about it...

Awwww...sounds like we have ourselves another bitter Michigan fan. Buck up and think positive, at least you can pull for MSU (the real team in MI) in the Big 10 championship game.

Have a great day!

Go Bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back