2012 Signs That The Maya Might Be Right

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airplanedoc

Reaction score
I am starting to think its the stupid people that are going to kill us all. Maybe the Maya were right.

Today I am driving along and notice a large pile of wooden pallets sitting in the parking lot of a business with a "Free" sign. This business is located on a 4 lane US highway so I am thinking they are trying to attract someone to take away the pallets. However, off to each side and in front of the of the "free for the taking pallets" there is another pair of signs 3-4' away that say "Private Property, no trespassing violators will be prosecuted".

So I am thinking if I wanted a pallet, how exactly am I supposed to get one? They clearly don't want me on their property. Maybe I can get the darth vader kid who started his dads Volkswagen to load one in my truck.

Fast forward 4 hours.

On my way home from work I swing by Kroger to pick up some cocktail sauce for a party. I ask the woman (maybe 35) at the Deli (where they are selling shrimp trays) if she has cocktail sauce in larger containers than the small bottle in the condiments aisle. She replies "Whats that, I've never heard of cocktail sauce" to which I said its for dipping the shrimp in, as I point to the large ad for shrimp trays showing the cocktail sauce in the middle. After looking at the sign still confused she finally says we have some marinara sauce. I just thanked her and walked away, and went and got 3 little bottles of cocktail sauce.

Rant over off to drink beer.

Back