2007 Goals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baron von BeeGee said:
Yeah, let me see where the spreadsheet I made is. Might be at work (!). I think there's quite a bit more than more individuals could brew...you have to pick and choose. Also, I'm not opposed to a stout in the summer and Hefeweizen in the winter if need be!

BvBG:

Did you ever find that spreadsheet.
I want to do something like that as google calendar mashup with the 2006 style guide.

For 2007, my goal is to get my Brew Shed built.

MyBrewHut.jpg

I also want to build my 10 gallon All Grain system, and brew twice a month.

I now have definately added the goal of having lagering facilities, hopefully by the summer. Having the basement wired, bringing in a couple fridges. Might try to keg by the end of the year, if I can find a good deal on equipment (definately a secondary goal).

olllllo said:
BvBG:

Did you ever find that spreadsheet.
I want to do something like that as google calendar mashup with the 2006 style guide.
Never found the spreadsheet, but here is the data I used that someone else posted from a book (I don't agree with all the times, but it's something to start with):

Altbier 1st Oct. mid Dec.
Barley Wine 1st Feb. mid Dec.
Belgian Strong ale, Trappist 1st Aug. end Jan.
Belgian White 1st June end July
Biere de Garde/Saison 1st Feb. end May
Bitter 1st Oct. mid Nov.
Bock 1st Jan. end March
Brown Ale U.S. 1st Nov. end Dec.
Brown Ale U.K. 1st Sept. end Oct.
California Common 1st Sept. end Oct.
Doppelbock 1st Nov. end Feb.
Dortmunder 1st Nov. end Dec.
Dunkelweizen 1st April mid May
Extra Special Bitter 1st Oct. mid Dec.
Eisbock 1st Sept. end Feb.
Festbier 1st April mid June
Fruit Beer 1st April mid to late June
Imperial Stout 1st Jan. mid Dec.
India Pale Ale 1st March end June
Kolsch 1st March end March
Lambic 1st March end May
1st June end Feb.
Lager U.S. 1st April end June
Maibock 1st Feb. end May
Marzen/Oktoberfest 1st Feb. late Aug.
Mead mid Dec. mid Dec.
Mild Ale 1st Sept. end Sept.
Munich Helles/Dunkles 1st Jan. end March
Old Ale 1st May end Sept.
Pale Ale 1st March end March
end April mid June
Pilsener 1st Feb. end April
Porter 1st Feb. end Feb.
Red Ale 1st Feb. end Feb.
Scotch Ale 1st April end Dec.
Scottish Ale 1st Sept. mid Oct.
Schwarzbier 1st Dec. mid Jan.
Smoked Beer 1st Sept. mid Nov.
Spiced Ale mid Oct. end Dec.
Stout, Dry end Jan. end Feb.
Stout, Specialty 1st Oct. end Nov.
Weisse, Berliner 1st June end July
Weizen 1st June mid July
Weizenbock mid July mid Dec.

To start the year off right by brewing AG! 10 gal batches here I come. Build my fermenting fridge, grain mill and other DIY projects. Thank's to all for the advise and info on all my ?'s. You guy's have made me a better brewer. Cheers and Happy Brew Year!

I have a few goals. But after reading everyones post i think that most of us have the same goals.

1) Build All Grain System
2) Get on a schedual and keep my 3 fav beers on tape and then have 2-3 others in bottle
3) Work on getting consistent with every brew i brew.

The end of the year is coming up... How did we do?

olllllo said:
I have been extract brewing for many years now brewing every so often without alot of purpose or direction. I've made good beers and I also made some klunkers.

In the short time that I have been on this board, I have:
  • Brewed a better quality beer;
  • Become more knowledgeable about equipment;
  • Become more knowledgeable about brewing techniques;
  • Learned more about beer styles.
I don't think that this was a coincidence. Thank you all for the part that you have played in my beer education.:mug:
In 2007, I hope to continue with my learning experience further. Among my goals:
  • Do more brewing outside of my comfort zone; Partially
  • Decide if going AG is for me; Yes
  • Appreciate and be able to describe fully every new beer that I sample; In Process
  • Network with local brewers in AZ; Just 1 brewout with DeserBrew I can do better.
  • Try to make 2 appearances at a HBT gathering outside of AZ (you have been warned); VAgraNCy, NHC, GABF!!! maybe one more before year's end!
  • Recruit 1 new brewer to our cult er... hobby; In Progress, he has yet to brew.
  • Bring at least one brewer over to our board; Not Yet.
    • Attend GABF 2007; DONE!
  • Start Lagering; Scheduled for NOV.
  • Bottle more; FAIL
  • Always have at least 3 beers on tap; Success!
Thanks again for 2006. Looks like we all have some work to do in 2007.

ETA: spell mo' better In Progress
ETA2: and the grammer thing. In Progress

jezter6 said:
My Goals:

1. Drink more homebrew Oh yeah!
2. Brew more homebrew Oh yeah!
3. Master Extract and test some PM/AG HA! I did like 2 extract batches and am up to 20+ AG batches. To hell with PM!
4. Brew many small batches to test some wild recipes Wish I would have done more test batches
5. Build an AG setup Oh yeah! Used it like a mofo!
6. Get into 10 gal batches/kegging Oh yeah!

All in all, I'm 5 out of 6! Not a bad year if I do say so myself!

RichBrewer said:
I'm thinking about putting a beer or two into a competition. I don't expect to win but it might be fun. The National AHA conference will be here next summer so maybe it's a perfect opportunity.
Well I entered one beer and did fairly decent. It's a good thing I didn't have any other expectations for 2007 because I've barely brewed. :(

todd_k said:
1. Celebebrate by HBT-anniversary on Jan 23, celebrate by brewer-versary on Jan 28. Done
2. Throw a housewarming party and serve my homebrews Done
3. Get a turkey fryer, keggle, chiller, another carboy or 2, kegerator, and kegging system Done, thanks to Boston
4. Brew a pilsner and lager Brewed a lager
5. Maybe go all-grain or at least give it a try DONE
6. Go bug the Cary, NC guys in April. Missed out on this one
7. Laugh at Red Sox fans for paying 51.1 million to try and sign a pitcher who throws the same mystery pitch as Hideo Nomo and Hideki Irabu, a 90-mph fastball with no movement. :D Oops....Miscalculated a bit on this one

Almost got 'em all!

Brewpastor said:
Have less evening meetings so I can be home more often to enjoy the fruits of my labor and thus creating the need to brew more often and thereby providing me with the opportunity to brew a greater variety of beer.

Bring about world peace.

Find more DIY brewing projects.

I still have too many meetings

The world is still a mess

1 out of three isn't so bad!

Brewsmith said:
For me, I'd also like to start entering some competitions, This year I got my ag system dialed in and upped the production. I also built a kegerator and duh, started kegging. I've found a few recipes that I really like and are great starting points to perfecting them. If I had to make a list it would look something like this:

1. Enter homebrew competitions - I did, and won a few awards!
2. Get/Build 15 gal. brewpot - Still on the list of stuff to do, and the year's not over
3. Build CFC of some other method to chill wort from above mentioned pot - ditto
4. Build 10 gallon mash tun - Ditto
5. Perfect a few recipes - Getting there, i have a couple
I'll get there. First up would be the mash tun.

Torchiest said:
  1. Stay on my current schedule of brewing a new batch every other weekend.
  2. Get another 6 gal carboy, a 5 gal carboy, and a 3 gal carboy.
  3. Build up a good collection of larger bottles to supplement my already large supply of 12oz bottles.
  4. Buy the equipment to make a small carboy chilling tank to get my ferment temps into the 60s.
  5. Move into a house so I can really let loose with this awesome hobby! :)

1. The pace I was setting was going to get me to twenty-six for the year. I've done fifteen so far. Might hit twenty for the year.
  2. I now have two 6 gals, two 5 gals, and one 3 gal. I'm good to go.
  3. I have a lot of belgian 750mLs, and enough 500mL bottles for one batch.
  4. I never got this project completed, but I might just buy a fridge now. :D
  5. Oh yeah, I'm living large in a real house now. :ban:

Latest posts

Back