• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

$200 - Bru Gear 15 Gallon ProBoiler Kettle with element and controller (needs work)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roozter

Reaction score
I upgraded my entire brewing setup and this great kettle has to go. You can't buy these anymore since BruGerar decided to focus on commercial. The kettle is in like new shape with a weldless tri-clamp for the low watt 5500 W ripple element. Element works great and the tri-clamp makes it easy to remove for cleaning. The controller needs work. It is an early generation Brau Supply controller that needs 240v 30 amp circuit. I had a problem with the SSR melting. Likely because I had it flat on a shelf with no air flow over the heat sink. I replaced the SSR and then when I test fired it I got a small pop and sizzle. I think the issue is now with the black component in the picture, I don't know what it is. This is priced for the kettle and element and the controller is basically free if you want it. It could at least be scavenged for parts.
Included
- 15 gallon kettle with etched gallon markings inside
- Kettle Lid with grommeted port for recirculation/sparge
- 3 piece butterfly valve with tri-clamp
- Thermometer with tri-clamp
- Custom fitted bubble insulation for kettle (double layer) and lid (single layer)
- Hose with sparge sprayer and quick disconnect
- 5500W ripple element in a hotpod enclosure with tri-clamp
- Brau Supply controller; not currently working / needs work

I can ship this if you pay the shipping. I can pack it very well in one of the boxes from the SS Brewtech kettles.

DISCLAIMER: I am not recommending, advising, or otherwise suggesting that you should do electrical work. If you are not experienced with electrical work hire a professional.

Attachments

• IMG_2360.jpg
    IMG_2360.jpg
    713.7 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2365.jpg
    IMG_2365.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2366.jpg
    IMG_2366.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2367.jpg
    IMG_2367.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2368.jpg
    IMG_2368.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2369.jpg
    IMG_2369.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2370.jpg
    IMG_2370.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2391.JPG
    IMG_2391.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2392.JPG
    IMG_2392.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2393.JPG
    IMG_2393.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 67
Controller, Heating Element and Three-Piece Valve sold. I'll create a new listing for just the kettle. This listing is done/sold.

Last edited:
Back