• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

20 Gallon e-Brew System (Spike Set-Up) OR Trade(?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcd432

Reaction score
This has become more system than I need so time to move it on to a new owner. 30A panel based on Kal's design which runs 20 gallon Spike Brewing kettles. All hoses are quick disconnect, two Chugger pumps, Chillus Convolutus cfc, heavy duty stainless steel table and oxygenation set-up. NOTE: The panel is currently not lighting the boil element but you can run it on one element. Not sure what is going on there as I haven't had the time to investigate. Also, the Spike logo on the boil kettle is somewhat faded. Price is set to compensate for these two issues which are the only issues. Everything you need to brew amazing, repeatable beer. PM with any questions and thanks for looking!

As an alternative, if you are looking at this post and have smaller e-brew kettles (ideally 15 gallons or 10 gallons), I would entertain a kettle trade.

Price: $2,700 OBO

Located outside of Chapel Hill, NC

Attachments

• E-Brewery Full Set-Up #1.jpg
    E-Brewery Full Set-Up #1.jpg
    427.8 KB · Views: 581
  • Control Panel.jpg
    Control Panel.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 543
  • Spike Kettles.jpg
    Spike Kettles.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 536
  • Boil Kettle.jpg
    Boil Kettle.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 513
  • Mash Kettle.jpg
    Mash Kettle.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 514
  • HLT - Herms Kettle.jpg
    HLT - Herms Kettle.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 500
No. I have been using it now and again so I haven't really been trying all that hard to sell it.

Are you just plugging that heating element into the HLT plugin as you move it to the BK?
That's pretty much it. Power from the HLT plug and HLT probe to either the BK or the HLT. I really just need to get my ass in gear and sort out the issue or have it sorted out. Other demands on my time just seem to keep getting in the way.

In terms of your question, it depends on what the offer is. Likewise and depending on where this whole COVID-19 situation takes us, I may be out of town in the mid-April timeframe.

If you would like to continue the discussion, it should probably taken to a private conversation as I am sure there are a number of people on this for sale forum who would like to be left out of a ongoing public discussion.

I thought I had updated this post but apparent not. The system was sold quite some time ago.

Back