2 year old Coors Light and Labatt Blue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buhay

Reaction score
Ok so 2 years ago I had attended an annual big family pig roast out of town and this is back when I was just drinking whatever kinda beer was put in front of me. I had forgotten my cooler bag there in the morning. The last year pig roast I couldn't attend but this year I made it! As we were about to leave my cousin asked me "hey do you want your cooler back from 2 years ago." I said "you seriously have that still?"

Anyways he still did and there were 3 cans of beers still in it. 2 Labatt Blues and 1 Coors Light.

Now I was first of all surprised as to why he wouldn't have just drank them but he didn't.

These things went through 2 winters and 2 hot summers up here in MB, Canada.

Now today, with a buddy, after being in the fridge for a few days I wanted to see how these beers would be now after 2 years of battling the environment.

So here's the verdict:

Both are still amazingly carbonated. They both still smell like ****ty lagers and taste as they should. My only question now is what exactly is all the stuff floating around in them? I took a picture of each and hopefully you can see it properly.

Also they actually still tasted fine.

The first picture is the Blue, which the can was still in the exact same shape and the coors light was bulged really bad.

20140814_193800.jpg

20140814_194012.jpg

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't drink something canned that had bulged. Momma told me that's how you get botulism. But i guess if it was just from heating and expansion of the gasses...

I have some BL my in-laws left in our fridge from about 4 years ago. if I can figure out how to post on youtube, it's getting reviewed since I'd been double dog dared in the "what are you drinking" thread.

Back