2 gallon All grain Stein Bier (loads of pics)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friends and I need to do this during a camping trip or something.

It would be perfect in a camping setting, due to the campfire ready to go and the wood all around. I would make some kind of spruce tip stein Bier (if you where to go right now, and have access to spruce).

Just make sure to get the rock beforehand, you cannot use just any old rock. Most of them explode when they go from piping hot to cold. Granite is one of the few that can withstand the temperature changes.
:mug:

I completely forgot about this brew right up until yesterday. I was having a little beer tasting with some friends, and one of them asked me about it. I stuck one in the fridge and we drank it!

Man this thing is undrinkable:cross:. Such a cool brewing day for nothing, it’s a beautiful copper/amber color; crystal clear, white head looks so promising, but has a really prominent metallic after taste. I mean bad, I do not know what caused it, I am guessing the propane and the metal that the rock where in contact with while I heated them over and over again. I will post a picture of this up, when I get back from work.

If anyone is thinking of trying this I think, a wood fire would defiantly be the way to go. I will be brewing another one shortly with an actual wood fire to try and see if that was the issue. Anybody have any other ideas of where this taste could have come from?

Back