1st All Garin - Need Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyJersey

Reaction score
Been extract brewing for about a year now, and I am getting ready to make the switch to all grain. I'm piecing together all of the equipment this week and hope to brew next week. I'm looking for a relatively simple all grain recipe; something that is somewhat forgiving and easy to brew. I need to test and dial-in my system, so something simple would be best for now. What can you recommend as a first all grain recipe? I like brown ales with relatively low hop levels. Any suggestions and/or recipes would be greatly appreciated.

a lot of people do EdWorts house (haus) pale ale to start. find his profile and click on his recipe dropdown or google

I keep doing SMaSH Marris Otter/East Kent Goldings and SMaSH Castle Pilsner/Saaz and taking good measurements and notes.

I like the bitters and trippels, and the repetition is approaching repeatability.

So many variables, I try to stick with K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid).

If you have the ability to lager, look for Maibock/Helles Bock recipes. Brew it now and it should be ready in May.

Back