• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

South Dakota 15 Gallon Stout Kettle and Control Panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conglominoid

Reaction score
Stout Boil Kettle - $225 shipped
  • 15 gallon (16.75 gallon total capacity)
  • 1.5" Tri-clamp ferrules for vessel outlet and recirculation (valves and clamps not included)
  • Skirt bottom (this works great with burners)
  • welded thermowell and analog thermometer included

120 v control panel with accessories - $300 shipped
  • I used for a 120 v RIMS system, but I imagine it would also work great for a 5 gallon BIAB system
  • 2 x Auber PID (one fires SSR, one is wired up for temp readout only)
  • 1 x 15 A (max) PID->SSR output
  • 2 x pump outputs (each with on-off control via switch)
  • 1 x 2"xNPT Auber RTD Temp Probe
  • 1 x 4"xNPT Auber RTD Temp Probe
  • 2x ~10' braided temp probe cable
  • 1 x ~20' Main Power Cord
  • All power connectors are Leviton twist lock connectors

I would be glad to go in to more detail on the controller if requested. Both items have worked great for 40+ brews, but the time came to upgrade to a full-electric system and 20 gallon kettles.

Click here for high res pictures

Does the kettle have an electric element or has an element ever been installed? Bottom draining with dish bottom? What are the internal and external dimensions?

Does the kettle have an electric element or has an element ever been installed? Bottom draining with dish bottom? What are the internal and external dimensions?
Side draining with dish bottom. If you don't tilt the kettle forward you will leave ~3/4 gallon behind; it is mostly trub, but usually transfer the majority of the kettle to my conical and dump the trub there.

Currently there is not a ferrule for an electric element, which is the main reasons I am selling (moving to fully electric setup).

Internal dimensions: 15.75" diameter x 19.75" depth (maximum)
External dimensions: ~15.75" diameter x 20.75" tall (includes skirt); ~19" including handles x 23" tall with lid

Update: BK is still available. Control panel has been sold.

I replied to your PM decoleur.

Fyi: stout sells a dip tube attachment for these so there is less wort left behind. I have one on my 9.2 gallon BK and works great.

All, this kettle is going to cost an arm-and-a-leg to ship, so I would prefer a local buyer.

That being said, I make it to Minneapolis/St. Paul monthly, and to Colorado every few months.

Sent PM, I have a way to handle shipping if you can box it up and let me know how big and how much it weighs.

-decoleur

Back