• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Maryland 15 ft 10/4 600w stranded soow wire (or will trade for 10/3 of the same)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thedutchtouch

Reaction score
so... I screwed up and accidentally bought 10/4 instead of 10/3 (for wiring my elements in my electric brewery build- note to self/readers, look at what you're buying rather than trusting you're being handed the right thing! hope I pay more attention when wiring lol).

Anyhow, I'm using a dryer cord for my main power feed so don't really have a use for this wire, and since it's sold by the foot... can't return it. figured i'd throw it up on here before craigslist, just looking to recoup some of the $$ i spent, it was 43.35 so any offer close to that works for me. If there's someone out there that had an equivalent length of 10/3 stranded soow wire, i'd be willing to trade. likely won't make a whole lot of sense to ship this given the weight/cost.

so... I screwed up and accidentally bought 10/4 instead of 10/3 (for wiring my elements in my electric brewery build- note to self/readers, look at what you're buying rather than trusting you're being handed the right thing! hope I pay more attention when wiring lol).

Anyhow, I'm using a dryer cord for my main power feed so don't really have a use for this wire, and since it's sold by the foot... can't return it. figured i'd throw it up on here before craigslist, just looking to recoup some of the $$ i spent, it was 43.35 so any offer close to that works for me. If there's someone out there that had an equivalent length of 10/3 stranded soow wire, i'd be willing to trade. likely won't make a whole lot of sense to ship this given the weight/cost.

Ummm...why not just ignore the extra conductor you don’t need?

Ummm...why not just ignore the extra conductor you don’t need?
Wire size doesn't fit into enclosure holes/pass through to element enclosure... and I'd rather not strip the insulation back to the outside just to make it work. I wish it were an easy fix, but it's either surgery to the other components, or the right size wire at the moment... I may be able to make it work but we shall see.

Just curious, why are you using SOOW instead of SJOOW or SJEOW (etc)? Do you need the 600V rating? SJxxx is rated for 300V.

I bought some 600V cord once (STOW, I think) because I didn't know any better, and the stuff was huge. I couldn't get the plug to fit until I whittled down the jacket a little.

Last edited:
Wire size doesn't fit into enclosure holes/pass through to element enclosure... and I'd rather not strip the insulation back to the outside just to make it work. I wish it were an easy fix, but it's either surgery to the other components, or the right size wire at the moment... I may be able to make it work but we shall see.

Gotcha. Understand

For what it might be worth, my local blue and orange diy stores often have short lengths of 10/3 and 10/4 cable at half price. I suppose these are tag ends from spools, 10, 15 feet long.

eh, i decided to use this to run between my spa panel and the main box, ill just figure out the right size plug for the wire, already have it hardwired on the spa panel side. lets me brew in a different room than the laundry room or even outside if i want.

Back