15.5 corny keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fricken sweet, and a suprisingly good deal for something like that. It'd be kicka$$ in some respects to have 15 gallons of one beer on tap, but I'd have to upgrade all the rest of my equipment.

the price isn't bad. if i had the money i think i would go for it. i do 10 gal batches and that would work perfect.

What did he do, cut the top off cornies and weld them to sankies?

Looks like a pretty slick welding job.

That looks friggin' sweet. If only I had a chest freezer, not a standup fridge. The sanke-size would totally dominate my fridge, as it stands right now.

Where T. F. is EdWort?! With as much Haus Pale he blasts through, he might need this thing!!!

You could buy at least seven 5-gal cornies for that price, probably closer to 10. I don't see how it's very useful, especially with the weight of 15 gallons of beer. Am I missing something?

It's just more convenient to have one VS three. Also as far as price is concerned, it's a rarity so you're expected to pay more for it.

It's really not that difficult to refill and use a regular sanke keg. I've only done it a couple times so far, but it only takes about a minute to reinsert the stem.

In other words, use a regular keg and just get a new coupler.

No, the stem just drops in place and twists a little to lock. Then, I rotate the clip in a little at a time until its in the center tube but not quite seated in the groove. Then I use big channel lock pliers to seat it in the groove.

Just imagine this process but in reverse. It's quite easy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npUA8DvngVw]YouTube - Sanke keg disassembly[/ame]

I've also heard of people using internal snap rings instead of the standard clips but have never tried that.

I'd like to thank all of you for the excellent information. I had a 1/6 barrell hanging around and now having taken her apart and put her back together with no problem and no special tools other than one small screwdriver I can incorporate it into my group of kegs as I had a regular kegorator I have the parts for as I recently retrofitted for corny kegs. :ban:

Back