$12 Line Cleaning Device

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wickedpissa

Reaction score
So, I've seen a few posts about how people clean their lines so I figured I'd throw my own technique up here for others.

I recently picked up a "carbonator cap" from my local HBS. You can purchase this amazingly simple device on amazon, for $12, with Prime. http://www.amazon.com/LiquidBread-The-Carbonater/dp/B0064OKADS

My girl and I drink a **** ton of carbonated water so I predominantly wanted it for that reason. I have all the kegging equipment, so just hook this bad boy up to a bottle of water, connect the c02 around 35psi, shake the **** out of it for 30 seconds, and blam, carbonated water.

It then dawned on me, as I needed to clean my lines, that I could just hook this bad boy up to ball lock connectors as well. First, fill up the bottle with star-san or your cleanser of choice. Pop that carbonator cap on. Attach to c02 just to give it a little bit of pressure. Take it off and throw your dirty line on the cap. Hold the bottle upside down, and open your tap. The little bit of pressure will be enough to force the water through the line and clear that **** out.

I only wanted to post because I've seen elaborate devices concocted for clearing out lines and this is super easy, cheap, and versatile. Plus, who doesn't love some carbonated water on a morning after drinking?

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a modified version with a barb on the other end so I could hook it up to a pump to recirculate the cleaner, many line cleaners say to recirculate cleaning solution for about 15 minutes in the lines.

Back