11 dozen bottles of beer on the floor...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lady_brewer

Reaction score
Just bottled 11 dozen with the help of the hubby... still have a batch to bottle tomorrow... grumble grumble... gonna enjoy drinking them though.

Stuck the last set of "It's a good idea to bottle three batches in one day" down in the basement to condition more.

Also stuck three batches into secondaries, which means I get to do it all again in about a week.

I have a problem. I need to start kegging...

Rant over...

I'm doing the same tomorrow, fortunately though, 2 of the 3 batches are only 2.5 gallon batches, so it shouldn't be too bad....

I find that bottling 3 batches at one time doesn't take much more time than bottling one batch. Once you are organized and have sanitizer mixed it goes really fast. The feeling of accomplishment is impressive when you see all those cases stacked up.

The second was way better than the first, and the third would have been smooth, but after working all day it wasn't gonna happen.

I want to switch to AG and start kegging, trading the brewing time for bottling time would be just about perfect. If only there was some sort of grant or subsidy for this.

I wonder if an AG set-up would qualify for the Home Renovation Tax Credit we have on the go?

My schedule is, bottle what is in the secondary, move what is in the primary to the secondary, brew a batch and fill up the primary. I'm on a two week 'rotation' doing 3.5 gallon stove top batches I share with my son.

I used to have so much trouble waiting 3-4 weeks to bottle. Now I have been putting it off and really dislike bottling so my ferments are at least 4 weeks +. Dont see myself kegging any time soon so I feel you. Love brewing. Hate bottling. It is nice, however, to go into the garage and see cases and cases of beer bottled and ready to go...

Back