• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

100 better bottles - 6 gallon - $399 - fresno, ca

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well let's hear some shipping estimates if anybody gets one. Maybe I can afford one or two as well. In the meant time, I'll be searching EBay for a 100 lot of corny kegs.

No offense Browndog but since this is your first post and with some recent bad experiences others have had in this classifieds section, I'd recommend NOT SENDING PAYPAL $$$ AS A GIFT.

If you send it as a gift you can't dispute the charge if you never receive the product.

I would like to know what the cost for them are? and what shape they are in.

I wish I'd seen this thread earlier. I'm only 45 miles from Fresno and visit at least once a week! For that matter, my employer sends a delivery truck to Fresno several times a week and always comes back empty!

I've already retired all my used better bottles from a few years ago. There's no way in hell I'd buy someone else's better bottles.

I suspect that you have no way of knowing how those used bottles were maintained. Did someone use brushes to clean them which would result in scratches. Scratches hide bacteria. Bacteria means infection.

Bobby, are you seeing a limited lifetime with Better Bottles? Does the material have other issues that develop with age?

Those bottles came from a "You can Brew It" type wine shop here in town. I called them one time and bought a case of wine bottles for some Mead I had ready. Nice Guy he showed me the store and the mini process of his wine scene (Grape concentrate to glass in like 90 days) IIRC

Someone got a good deal..

Ok guys here is the deal. Anybody who is worried about sending PayPal money can feel free to mail me a money order when the time comes. I need to get these on hand before I can do anything but I've paid for them and just need to pick them up. Or anybody with concerns...I'm already divorced...so this is happening. I'm looking for $15 a bottle and shipping is from 92648. I have a Ups account for my business so shipping is not too bad. 50000 area codes are around $8 each and 10000 area codes are about $12. I will wrap them in a bags and tape them up and give them to the ups guy.

Good luck with your sale, but for $23 - $27 shipped, that's basically brand new pricing.

Also, I'm curious what a better bottle would look like shipped across the country just wrapped in a plastic bag.

Ok guys here is the deal. Anybody who is worried about sending PayPal money can feel free to mail me a money order when the time comes. I need to get these on hand before I can do anything but I've paid for them and just need to pick them up. Or anybody with concerns...I'm already divorced...so this is happening. I'm looking for $15 a bottle and shipping is from 92648. I have a Ups account for my business so shipping is not too bad. 50000 area codes are around $8 each and 10000 area codes are about $12. I will wrap them in a bags and tape them up and give them to the ups guy.

Contact your local homebrew clubs. Save yourself the hassle of shipping.

Good luck with your sale, but for $23 - $27 shipped, that's basically brand new pricing.

Also, I'm curious what a better bottle would look like shipped across the country just wrapped in a plastic bag.

I agree this. Is almost the price of a brand-new one!

Shipping in a plastic bag? Is that all? I will not expect great results that way.

I also, would get have to pass on this!

Your best bet is to sell local and/or contact your LHBS to see if they'd give you store credit for some of them.

My LHBS sells used equipment and will give you store credit for your gear.

I'd be willing to pay as much as 50% of the cost of a new one. The best deal I can find for a new PET carboy is $25.50, so that's 12.75 per carboy (shipped). I'd also want more information regarding their condition (in particular, your assurance that they aren't scratched) and I'd want to pay using paypal (but not as a gift).

EDIT: I just want to add that I realize this probably isn't doable. I'm just answering the question of what I'd be willing to pay. (As passedpawn suggests -- probably it makes more sense to sell locally.)

Now we are getting somewhere. I found some good deals on boxes through a vendor at work and the shipping price is a bit better too. Ill let everyone know this weekend what the quality is like. Hopefully this doesnt turn out to be a waste of money.. Tophmck hit the nail on the head. 1/2 the price of a new one is probably fair for everyone or at least close to that. Besides im not trying to really make money here i just want a whole bunch of bottles for myself and ill pass the rest on to you guys to cover my costs. Anyway $28 for a pair of bottles shipping included. Shipped in new boxes. UPS ground. The only caveat is I can only sell them in pairs at that price since it would be a waste to under utilize the capacity of the boxes and id be paying more to ship empty box. Assuming then that the condition of the bottles is at least descent i should be able to start shipping them as early as monday.

FYI. I will also be selling locally.

Now we are getting somewhere. I found some good deals on boxes through a vendor at work and the shipping price is a bit better too. Ill let everyone know this weekend what the quality is like. Hopefully this doesnt turn out to be a waste of money.. Tophmck hit the nail on the head. 1/2 the price of a new one is probably fair for everyone or at least close to that. Besides im not trying to really make money here i just want a whole bunch of bottles for myself and ill pass the rest on to you guys to cover my costs. Anyway $28 for a pair of bottles shipping included. Shipped in new boxes. UPS ground. The only caveat is I can only sell them in pairs at that price since it would be a waste to under utilize the capacity of the boxes and id be paying more to ship empty box. Assuming then that the condition of the bottles is at least descent i should be able to start shipping them as early as monday.

FYI. I will also be selling locally.

I'd take 4 of them at that price (i.e., $28/pr shipped).

Yep, if they're not scratched, I'd do a pair shipped for $28. Pick out a good pair for me!

Latest posts

Back