$10 in-line regulators at manifold instead of multi-body regulator at CO2 tank?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished kegging two more beers over the weekend and after I'd carb'd them I moved them over the the mini-regulators.

...I'm not entirely sure what's going on here or if it's just my imagination but I think one of them is leaking now. Here's the step-by-step of what I did:

1) Took off the ball-lock for force-carbing

2) I pulled the pressure relief valve (to bring it down to around 10psi, from 20psi)

3) Attached the ball-lock to the mini-regulator and slowly my turned the knob so I could slowly increase to 15psi...heard the usual gas hiss as it went up to 15psi but then it changed slightly.

4) I still heard a more faint hiss and it sounded like it was coming from the regulator...turned the shutoff valve (between mini-reg and keg) and turned down the knob but it got louder. Turned it up higher and it went away.

5) Turned my main regulator down to 20psi, and couldn't reproduce the issue.

6) Set main regulator back up to 30psi and wasn't able reproduce on either of the other two regulators.

7) Checked all fittings and clamps...nothing is loose.

I'm at a bit of a loss right now and I'm going to have to do some more troubleshooting of the system later this week...I'm not sure if this is just in my head (the keezer was kicking in due to the lid being open too) or if it's just a bad unit.

Haven't heard anything since and no leaks...I think it was all in my head. :)

I'm gonna have to re-do my plan....I bought some of the HF regs... to play with...one seems junk (like the CR1401G type)...one has a neat digital gauge but the outlet is flare fitting and can't be removed, and the adjuster seems just as cheap...

the 3rd was like the R1401G but haven't messed with it yet...

plus my 15psi gauges I have are all 1/4 thread and not 1/8 :/

Latest posts

Back