1 gallon Brewers Best Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrixusOfCapua

Reaction score
Hello again all! Last saturday (January 21st) I brewed my 2nd extract beer, the 1 gallon Brewer's Best Porter. To experiment with it a little I added 5oz of priming sugar in the last 2 minutes of the boil. I was told this can increase the ABV. Everything went a lot smoother than my first brew. This one requires a secondary fermentation. Per the instructions: http://www.brewersbestkits.com/pdf/One Gallon Recipes/1408 Porter Recipe.pdf ; It requires 4-6 days when fermentation slows to transfer to secondary. How long in between bubbles should I transfer it? The bubbles according to last night are 30 seconds apart.

I wouldn't transfer it, neither would most people on this forum :p Give it 2-3 weeks in primary (make sure SG is stable) then bottle.

Doing a secondary is never really necessary unless you're adding fruit or another ingredient, or you want to get it off the yeast to age for a very long time.

Latest posts

Back