1,000th Post: My Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyNameIsPaul

Reaction score
I finally got around to taking some pics of my little brew setup so I thought I'd share for my 1,000th post.

First pic is of how I usually set it up, although I put my cooler MT on a small cart. This is a Patio King cart from Amazon that my Wife got me for my birthday this year. It has no issues whatsoever getting a 10 Gal batch boiling, although it's a bit loud.Who cares, crank up the radio =) It's plenty sturdy as well and nice and compact. I've got the WC mounted to it with some U-Bolts which makes for nice short hose runs. The WC also has QD's for the water side, and the NPT to Thermometer Probe from Bobby_M @ BrewHardware.

The 3rd pic is my Hop Spider. It's all 304ss, 9" OD x 16" from the bottom of the legs, so it sits on my keggles lip and comes just about 1/2" from touching the Thermometer probe and Valve. It's 40 Mesh welded inside a 14GA sheet of perf steel, 1/8" on 3/16" for 40% Open Area. It's Perf/Mesh on the bottom too, and probably weighs a good 8 lbs. I had it made with Perf so I could try BIAB someday with it and be able to hold a ton of grain (still need to figure out how much will fit...)

3rd pic is my Mash Tun/Manifold. It connects to the tun with a shark bite (?) connection. Makes it really easy to slip on/off for cleaning. I'll probably make another manifold soon since I sweat this one solid and unable to be taken apart. I can get it pretty clean, but it bothers me a tad that I can't get all up in it for a good wash. An Oxy soak works well most of the time.

Fourth pic is looking down into the hop spider. Nothing real interesting there, but you can see the Perf bottom with the mesh over it. It's seam welded along the bottom for strength/longevity.

Last pic is my Toolbox Pump (in a box) that I so graciously stole the idea from member OCBrewin. (Thanks!) It'll be converted to my RIMS system in the next few months when Duck season is over. I call the brewery 12 Paw because we've got 3 dogs and I'm not very creative.

So there we are, my humble little brewery, and 1,000th post on HBT.

20130816_113302.jpg

20130816_113339.jpg

20130816_113418.jpg

20130816_113520.jpg

20130816_113600.jpg

Thanks! It's a work in progress, but it turns out pretty good beer on a consistent basis, so I'm pretty happy about it.

Latest posts

Back