Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > Revvy's Jamaican Spiced Banana rum Bread

Old 12-18-2011, 01:39 AM   #31
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2889 Times on 1702 Posts
Likes Given: 3520

I just get mine at kroger's. They're pretty standard mini loaf pans.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-18-2011, 01:41 AM   #32
Revvy

Recipes 

I think I went a little nuts this year, I used nearly an entire liter of spiced rum for 50 some breads.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-18-2011, 02:09 AM   #33
azscoob
Brewpub coming soon!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 246 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy
I think I went a little nuts this year, I used nearly an entire liter of spiced rum for 50 some breads.
The only thing better than rum cakes are heavily soaked rum cakes!!!

Old 12-05-2012, 03:09 AM   #34
Revvy

Recipes 

This will be the first time in over a decade I don't do this recipe. My 88 year old mom fell 5 weeks ago, broke her hip, had to have surgery, go into rehab, have it determined she couldn't live by herself anymore, have to go into assisted living, my sister and I had to evaluate a place over a weekend, select it, then spend a week packing my mom's old apartment and getting her stuff into the new place all over thanksgiving weekend.....which is when I usually bake the 60 loaves of this bread.

It's kinda sad. My nephew makes the banana wine that I use in this, and a couple years ago he stopped winemaking, and I was down to one bottle last year, so last Christmas I made a batch of the banana wine found on here.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #35
SharonaZamboni
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1590 Times on 1438 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I'm going to try this recipe soon!
Hope all is going well for your family, and that your mom is settling in to her new home.

Oh, so you're just gonna sit there drinkin beer from your keg, sh!ttin in the kitchen sink, and watching him work -Xaphoeous

I McDrunko and this beer is Amazing!- McBrewskie
Revvy Likes This 
Old 12-09-2012, 12:19 AM   #36
Tamarlane
Recipes 

Liked 152 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I made this recipe for my fourth of july BBQ this year. Big hit. Can't wait to make it again. Sorry to hear about your family's struggles Revvy.
Revvy Likes This 
Old 12-09-2012, 01:29 AM   #37
Revvy

Recipes 

Thanks you two. Yeah, she's seems to be settling in OK. She's had activites, I think every day. I know 2 nights a week they play bingo. And she's got some sort of chair exercise class she goes to. And there's physical therapy. I know I've called a couple times and she hasn't been in her studio apartment, so I think she's adjusting.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #38
DroolingNeoBrewery
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 7

This looks tasty! I have a bunch of bananas fighting my hops for room in the freezer this sound like just the thing.

Question: I don't see myself ever buying or making banana wine/liqueur. I just can't justify that for baking, I would never drink it, nor would my wife. Do you think it would be good with out? Its Christmas so I will of course be getting a couple bottles of Sailor Jerry's (I love this rum, in drinks or neat. Try it in a grog! Also good for soaking fruit cakes in rum! I think its already got some cherry and sweet orange notes to it as well)
Keg 1: Stout Stout Keg 2: Dead Intruder Mailbock
Bottled: Lots

Old 12-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #39
Revvy

Recipes 

You could always make a gallon just for this. The recipe is on here. And it's not a bad tasting wine, it's not a sickly sweet artificial tasting wine. It's like any non traditional wines on here, like a semi sweet white.

Of course you can skip it. I think it adds an extra dimension to it. But just spiced rum will be fine too.

Old 12-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #40
DroolingNeoBrewery
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 7

In the oven now. Forever behind schedule... Oh well I don't have to give them out until the weekend.

Keg 1: Stout Stout Keg 2: Dead Intruder Mailbock
Bottled: Lots