Chicago - Wrigley-ville? - Page 5 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes Homebrew Forum > Chicago - Wrigley-ville?

Old 06-06-2006, 06:23 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneFloyd
Got back from Chicago yesterday... Twisted Spoke, Redmonds, and Waterhouse. I did go to a great steakhouse called Wildfire.
Glad to hear you got to sample some good beer! Never been to Twisted Spoke myself, but they are supposed to have a great selection. Wildfire is a pretty good chain of upscale steakhouses; I have one near work. After the GI IPA, Old Style would seem pretty weak!

Old 06-06-2006, 07:03 PM   #42
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Jul 2005
Poo-Poo Land
Liked 40 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneFloyd
Got back from Chicago yesterday and it was a good time. Goose Island IPA is awesome! Never made it to the Goose Island bar but made plenty of purchases at the liquor store on the corner. I tried the IPA, the 312 Urban Wheat, and we also got a keg of the Honker's Ale which was good. Also got to try my first and probably laste tastes of Old Style at a Cubs game.
The only bars I made it to were the Twisted Spoke, Redmonds, and Waterhouse. I did go to a great steakhouse called Wildfire.
Wildfire rocks. There's one close to my house and we go there whenever we're feeling semi-snazzy.

Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:26 AM   #43
todd_k

Recipes 

Jan 2006
RVA
Liked 29 Times on 28 Posts

I'll be back in Chicago (North Side) Friday night through Tuesday morning.... I've given up on trying to get Bears tickets and even Cubs tickets are going for $100 each..... Where's a good place to watch the Bears whoop up on the Cowboys?

Old 09-19-2007, 02:29 AM   #44
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Jul 2005
Poo-Poo Land
Liked 40 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_k
I'll be back in Chicago (North Side) Friday night through Tuesday morning.... I've given up on trying to get Bears tickets and even Cubs tickets are going for $100 each..... Where's a good place to watch the Bears whoop up on the Cowboys?
Everywhere, to put it bluntly. We're divided on Cubs / Sox, but we're all Bears fans.
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.