Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Am I the only one who doesn't like Blue Moon?

Old 04-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #11
Evan!
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Trash. Utter trash. I hate the stuff. I'd rather have whatever BMC lager is on tap.

I don't know if anyone else remembers this, but long ago, when I was a kid, there were these little things that you'd put in your lunch for snacks or desserts called Gummy Sharks. Essentially just mildly sweet gummy candies shaped like sharks, and they were all pretty small and translucent. All except the Great Whites. They were much bigger than the rest of them, and you'd get 1 or 2 per snack pack. They were opaque white and flavored with something. Anyway, this is exactly what Blue Moon tastes like. Gummy sharks.

FAIL!

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 04-19-2008, 06:39 PM   #12
Tankard
Recipes 

Shark Bites!!!

Old 04-19-2008, 07:01 PM   #13
tbulger
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I used to like blue moon untill i has a real witbier. After i had a real one i havnt been able to drink one since just because i dont like witbiers the spice is just too mch for me.
Bottled: IPA, Pigs ear brown clone, stovepipe porter, German Alt, Oktober fest ale, Smoked IPA, failed pale ale, 1st AG ESB, belgian wit, Ipa#2, , Lake wheat, fish Red ale, Smoked wheat,
KEGS: blonde Nugs , Sugar pale light, chin nook ale (gone in 1 week)

Old 04-19-2008, 07:03 PM   #14
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 5793 Times on 4143 Posts
Likes Given: 1453

I don't like any beers with "flavors" in it, so I don't like Blue Moon at all. I don't like any fruit beers or beers with coriander or other stuff either, though, so it's not just Blue Moon. I like my beer to be just beer. Nothing else added to it!

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans

Old 04-19-2008, 09:19 PM   #15
Naidirem
Recipes 

J'Accuse! I cannot even remember what something I ate last week actually tastes like. You are just trying to make cool retro references to cover your seething hatred of Blue Moon.

Well I can do that too. My beer tastes like Sizzlean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan!
Trash. Utter trash. I hate the stuff. I'd rather have whatever BMC lager is on tap.

I don't know if anyone else remembers this, but long ago, when I was a kid, there were these little things that you'd put in your lunch for snacks or desserts called Gummy Sharks. Essentially just mildly sweet gummy candies shaped like sharks, and they were all pretty small and translucent. All except the Great Whites. They were much bigger than the rest of them, and you'd get 1 or 2 per snack pack. They were opaque white and flavored with something. Anyway, this is exactly what Blue Moon tastes like. Gummy sharks.

FAIL!

Old 04-19-2008, 09:25 PM   #16
Alamo_Beer

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Almost everytime I talk beer at school (in one of my classes or especially in all the group projects I'm in) people bring up blue moon.

I think it's a good thing, it's not the greatest beer but it's different and a step in the right direction. I always tell these people to try a Hoegaarden in the hopes they'll branch out.

Also, I like blue moon better than the other "_______ moon" beers. The lime one didn't taste like anything

Old 04-20-2008, 02:41 AM   #17
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 304 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew
I don't like any beers with "flavors" in it, so I don't like Blue Moon at all. I don't like any fruit beers or beers with coriander or other stuff either, though, so it's not just Blue Moon. I like my beer to be just beer. Nothing else added to it!
Yoops, my friend, you are a Reinheitsgebot Gal through and through!

You go girl!

Old 04-20-2008, 02:57 AM   #18
Short Drive
Brewer Baseball!

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew
I agree. Don't like anything in my coffee either.

Magic Bus Brewery

Old 04-20-2008, 03:01 AM   #19
EdWort

Recipes 

Liked 304 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Drive
I agree. Don't like anything in my coffee either.
Ahh, yes. Black, Hot, & Murky..

Old 04-20-2008, 03:05 AM   #20
bradsul
Flyfisherman/brewer

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

It's sold as 'Rickards White' up here and I have to say I don't mind it on a hot summers day. The restaurant closest to my office has a patio and it's nice to have lunch out there on a workday and enjoy a pint of that.

The first time they brought it to me it had a big piece of orange in it. It was better after that when I knew to ask for it without the fruit.

Projects: Sylvania Kegerator Conversion, Tower Cooling, Grain Milling Station