Corn Grinder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morrey

Reaction score
I'm looking for a grinder specifically to crack whole kernel corn. I don't want to finely grind, just crack into large pieces like 7-10 pieces per kernel.

I have heard the word "Corona Mill" all along, so that name/brand must be trusted. Any suggestions regarding prices or sources to find a suitable shelled corn grinder? I am not married to the idea it has to be a Corona specifically as any decent quality mill can work for me.

Amazon... There are dozens of choices. They are fairly adjustable. Most people that talk of a Corona Mill have a knock off. It is like "Kleenex" for tissues, etc.

Amazon... There are dozens of choices. They are fairly adjustable. Most people that talk of a Corona Mill have a knock off. It is like "Kleenex" for tissues, etc.

Do you personally have a hand grinder that you can suggest?

Do you personally have a hand grinder that you can suggest?

I think this is the one I have. It has the 500 emblem on the side. I got mine as a gift so I can't be certain.

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Quality-Manual-Grinder-Grains/dp/B016IYOBT2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1481248544&sr=8-4&keywords=Corn+grinder

The one imasickboy linked has a guard over the grinding disks which would keep the corn from flying all over the place. I had to make a guard.

I have never used anything else and never for corn so I can't really say I "recommend" it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found one on Amazon (Victoria brand) that has a large hopper and a shield over the top to prevent grains from flying all over. Ordered today! Thanks!!

Back