Inkbird ITC-1000 Problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PapaFoxtrot

Reaction score
Picked up an ITC-1000 off Amazon and it was delivered yesterday. When I took the terminal cover off, this is what I saw:

The terminal block on the "Cool" relay is too small to accept the necessary size wire. I sent an email to Inkbird this morning, but no response yet. I'm tempted to return it to Amazon and order another, but I'm reluctant for two reasons. One, I don't want to receive another like it and two, I don't want someone else to end up with it.

Any idea what sort of response I can expect from Inkbird? This is my first customer service experience with them.

Picked up an ITC-1000 off Amazon and it was delivered yesterday. When I took the terminal cover off, this is what I saw:

The terminal block on the "Cool" relay is too small to accept the necessary size wire. I sent an email to Inkbird this morning, but no response yet. I'm tempted to return it to Amazon and order another, but I'm reluctant for two reasons. One, I don't want to receive another like it and two, I don't want someone else to end up with it.

Any idea what sort of response I can expect from Inkbird? This is my first customer service experience with them.
It looks like it was manufactured with the wrong side facing out. I have one as well, and the cool side looks exactly like the warm side. My experience with their customer service has always been very good, so I'm sure they'll make it right. Ed
:mug:

Inkbird.jpg

Last edited:
I have another one also and it looks like yours. I didn't think about it being installed backwards.

Just to follow-up in fairness to Inkbird, I received confirmation last night that a replacement unit is on the way.

anybody attempt to just open the unit and flip it around? not sure this is even possible, could be soldered in place, etc. just curious

That's on my to-do list. The replacement arrived and I got it installed and running - no problems.

Desoldered and reversed the terminal block this afternoon. Works fine. I wanted to wait until the replacement had arrived before voiding the warranty on the first one.

Back