Raspberries in a craft beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andreadlgarza

Reaction score
Hey Everyone

I'm a college student from food industry engineering and for my final project i have to make craft beer which i'm making raspberry beer i have a question about the raspberry...

Does it has to be fresh or it can be frozen? I haven't found any raspberries here in Mexico and if there's in the supermarket are way expensive for a small amount of raspberries

Thank you so much! greetings from Mexico:)

I've used fresh and frozen. Frozen will work just fine. Just let them thaw out, put them in a mesh bag to contain the seeds, and add it to the fermenter after fermentation has slowed or stopped.

Even if I use fresh berries, I still put them in a ziploc bag and freeze them for a couple days. This will help to kill some of the potential bacteria on the fruit as well as burst the cell walls which will help in the extraction of the flavor.

Recently bottled an oak/raspberry Saison. Made it with raspberry puree and then 4oz Brewer's Best extract. I've done frozen, but adding 5lbs to 5gallons was not enough and added extract anyway.

Hey Everyone

I'm a college student from food industry engineering and for my final project i have to make craft beer which i'm making raspberry beer i have a question about the raspberry...

Does it has to be fresh or it can be frozen? I haven't found any raspberries here in Mexico and if there's in the supermarket are way expensive for a small amount of raspberries

Thank you so much! greetings from Mexico:)

Did you ever decide something?

Back