Counter Flow Chiller Problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimLogue

Reaction score
I bought a counter flow chiller online. I tested it out yesterday before I start my first all grain batch. It leaks massive out of the bottom wort line. It also leaks a little bit around the top wort line. It is water that is leaking not the wort line. Does anyone know what is causing this and what I can do to fix it.

I bought a counter flow chiller online. I tested it out yesterday before I start my first all grain batch. It leaks massive out of the bottom wort line. It also leaks a little bit around the top wort line. It is water that is leaking not the wort line. Does anyone know what is causing this and what I can do to fix it.

Just looking at the obvious things first - did you make sure there are washers in there? Don't ask me why that came to mind... :mad:

Contact the seller. If they can't get it fixed with a couple suggestions and a wrench, return/exchange it.

Back