Frozen Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smfish

Reaction score
Well my second tap handle came in the mail same day as I applied the second coat of chalkboard spray paint. I drilled out the hole and added a manifold on the back for gas line connections so that's air tight. Came out the next afternoon to grab a pour of the imperial black IPA I just made and nothing came. Checked the gas tank to make sure it was full, released a gas line valve to see if it was pressurized, all checked out. And as I was going through a mental list of what else could be wrong I noticed the thermometer probe got left out of the keezer once I was done and it had frozen both my kegs. Really sad day. Have the heater from ferm chamber in there helping to thaw it out now. Not my first (and surely not my last) dumb mistake.

IMG_0084.jpg

Been there done that! Luckily I had bottled beer in the house fridge while I waited for the thaw.

Thawed after a few days but really screwed up the carbonation. Found some good tricks on YouTube that fixed it quick but all in all it was a yuuuuuuuuuge PITA.

Been there, done that. Should be fine. The beer I did it too, never tasted quite the same, but it wasn't bad by any means.

Back