Are we not allowed to legal talk cannabis ? Mead cyser , ?etc

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working on an yummy legal strawberry basil cannabis honey malt

But it is

In my state and many

newattachment.php

image.jpeg

It's legal where I live. I'm a little apprehensive to brew with it though. Naming one would be fun though. Like Gumbied Stout. Hehehe

As legal as it may be in some of your places of residence. It however is not legal in the state that the forum is operated out of and as such is not legal to be discussed on said forums. Just the way the rules are until legalization changes a lot of other places I wouldn't expect a change in forum rules on the topic any time soon. Just my .02.

Just like we can't talk about home distilling, even though there are plenty of members from countries where that is legal.

I don't remember a specific rule that bans discussion of any individual topic but I did find this:

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The above rule specifically says that no messages that violate any laws are allowed. However, merely talking about distilling or using cannabis doesn't violate any law. Free speech is protected in the bill of rights in the US constitution. Specific examples of speech that would be illegal would be any threats of violence against the President, or going into a crowded theater and yelling "fire" when there was no fire.
Being intoxicated by alcohol is a violation of law in many places. If you are going to ban talking about something because the activity itself, but not the speech, may be illegal, there are many posts that need to be taken down.
I think the rule above is reasonable. Interpreting any rule in an extreme way is not reasonable.

I will say madscientist451 has a point ^^^^^^^.

Also, from www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/27/25/205
"Most states permit homebrewing of 100 gallons of beer per adult (of 18 years or older) per year and up to a maximum of 200 gallons per household annually when there are two or more adults residing in the household."

Now, I know NOBODY here is brewing over 200 gallons a year, right? If they are it's an illegal activity.

All the Best,
D. White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back