• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Maryland Hand-Built Insulated Portable Keg Cooler/Dispenser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKamp1457

Reaction score
Well, it's Spring Cleaning time and the "Sudsboy" I built last Summer has to go. Used it a couple times, but I don't have much in the way of brew plans for a while.

Looking to get $150 OBO. I'll throw in a Sanke tap (Kegworks) as well. Don't want to ship since it would be a fortune (relatively speaking).

Build thread is here:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=523926

Let me know if you have any questions. Make me an offer!

2gsjq0n.jpg

2saxl38.jpg

2elcfwg.jpg

2crr095.jpg

11vpsow.jpg

Could this be fitted for a chest freezer

If your chest freezer is the size of a garbage can. :)

Cool looking unit for sure and for $150 it's a steal. This would be awesome for throwing in the trailer for camping but not heading to Maryland from BC anytime soon.

Could you fit 2 kegs in there? I'd imagine that with a 5 or even a 2.5lb tank it would be impossible, but what about a couple cartridge tanks with mini regs? It looks as if there's plenty of space to drill a second tap etc. Ever get around to installing wheels? I'm in Va, and interest is growing....

Could you fit 2 kegs in there? I'd imagine that with a 5 or even a 2.5lb tank it would be impossible, but what about a couple cartridge tanks with mini regs? It looks as if there's plenty of space to drill a second tap etc. Ever get around to installing wheels? I'm in Va, and interest is growing....

Here it is with a 5 gal corny alone and with a 5lb. tank. My plan was to use an adapter with a 20oz. paintball tank and mount it higher and out of the way. Cartridges + mini reg would work too. That would make room for more beer :)

Or you could put a shelf rack in there and house a few 1.5/2.5 gal kegs (stacked) and have room for a co2 tank. There is definitely room for more taps.

Another option would be to drill into the lid in the back and run your gas line through it rather than keep the tank inside, if you wanted to run two 5 gal. kegs. I didn't get around to mounting wheels.

2d8pco3.jpg

27xdnxu.jpg

Appreciate the pictures. Looks like 2 kegs might be a bit much. Can't really tell if 2 kegs would sit in there flush and flat. Got another keg to toss in there? Pics can be deceiving, so let me know. Thanks.

Appreciate the pictures. Looks like 2 kegs might be a bit much. Can't really tell if 2 kegs would sit in there flush and flat. Got another keg to toss in there? Pics can be deceiving, so let me know. Thanks.

I don't have a 2nd keg, but I found some dimensions:

Inner can dimensions of dispenser:
Depth: 16.75 inches
Height: 31.4 inches
Width: 19.5 inches

Keg sizes:
http://www.micromatic.com/beer-questions/sizes-keg-draft-beer-available-aid-11.html

A 2nd 5gal corny most likely won't fit, however the can is tapered so if the 2nd was raised up a few inches you might be able to fit it. Also it may be able to squeeze a 5gal + 3gal. A 7.75 gal keg would fit by itself according to the dimensions on beverage factory (11.2" diameter).

Dollar sucks. Besides, with my luck I'll cross the border just before your next president builds his Canadian wall and I'll be stuck on the wrong side with no way to get back like East Berlin. :D

Hey - we need a Donald Trump Emoji on this site! lol

Back