Northern Brewer Bastard Stepson Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gusmedic

Reaction score
Northern Brewer has an extract kit called Bastard Stepson that grabbed my attention. Does anyone have any experience with this kit? Also, it says after 1-2 to rack to secondary and add an extract pack and sweetener. It also says you could just add them to the primary without moving to a secondary. If I just add in primary, would I also need to mix well, or just throw on top and close it up for a couple more weeks? Thanks

Just add it and close the lid. There will still be some activity that will ensure it gets mixed up.

I was also looking at this recipe kit, sounds like it would be pretty good. Keep us updated with your results.

I just ordered that one, thought it would be a fun experiment. Should be here in time to brew up next weekend. The funniest part is the change in the name, I'm guessing the "Uncle" folks did some shouting at the first version.

If this compares well to "Not Your Father's Root Beer", then it should be a fun Summer drink this year.

Back