Christmas Haul

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlinz

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, Christmas came and went. My fiancée was good enough to get me a torpedo keg, 3 lbs of Bavarian DME (she's a Bavarian), a 3 pack of s-05, a lb of hallertau cones, and a pound of cascade pellets :mug:.

How did you all make out?

Well, I didn't get the brewing stuff I asked for, wife didn't like the beer kits for some reason? Got some stuff I needed for my new desk. Too bad 2 drawer filing cabinets weren't among them. My multi-handicapped son got me a solar powered calculator. Could be handy on the fly on brew day? e also got a bunch of cool new movies...now if they just weren't blue ray...

I ended up doing decent. Didn't get anything to do with brewing unfortunately but I got a new knife which I desperately needed and a 30oz (or whatever ounce cup they are) Orca cup. Basically the same thing as a yeti cup. Pretty good Christmas this year. Took it easy on gifts all around cause we want to take a few trips this year.

The only brew related item I got ( yet to arrive) is a time stick with 3 separate settings .. will be handy for multiple hops additions, and for having right around my neck if I wander over to peek though the neighbor's window.

Aha membership and craft beer and brewing subscription. I also received a book on beers/breweries in Alaska.

Brewing related I got a refractometer, a replacement/upgraded burner (BG12), a 2L flask. Not to mention a great cigar box stir starter courtesy of jrowland. I'm looking forward to my next brew day. :)

It wasn't for Christmas. I got a drain pump. As soon as I get it plumbed, no more 5 gallon buckets trying to overflow on the floor. As I work at a wholesale plumbing supply place, I got a good deal.

Took my Northern Brewer gift cert and ordered a new fermenter, some misc brew stuff and an all grain "Grapefruit Pulpin" kit.

I got a pack of dude wips and a Nevada Wolfpack shirt that is to small. The wife really overs me. But the best of it all was the dragon ball z coffee cup my son got me. It is Awsome

Wife got me a food saver! Bulk hops here I come!! So how many dudes got a food saver from their wife for Christmas?! :)

Wife got me a food saver! Bulk hops here I come!! So how many dudes got a food saver from their wife for Christmas?! :)

I bought my wife a fly rod one year..............I use it all the time........just sayin be suspicious:D

Got a FoodSaver, Ridgid Corded Drill to run the Cereal Killer I just bought during Black Friday, "How to Brew" Book, $150 in gift cards to NB, $80 in gift cards to HomeBrewSupply.

Got one from her parents for Christmas!! Perfect because I was just about to buy one myself since I bought bulk hops a month back.

I'm getting the mini Cannonball keg system from Northern Brewer. My wife just stuck the money in my stocking.

I also received a 1-gallon kit for their Holiday Red Ale--I'm on a quest to find a substitute for Potosi Cave Ale, the one BEFORE they screwed up and changed the recipe this past summer.

And a Wisconsin's Best Beer Guide.

And my son bought the parts and put together for me a black box to control temperature. Incredibly apt gift. I'm using it right now to raise the temp on a couple cases of my first beer that I bottled last weekend, and which needs to be just a skosh higher in temp to condition and carbonate.

PS: If you have any ideas as to kegging systems for a newbie, let me know. I figured the Cannonball wasn't a bad place to start, and every other combination I try to put together costs a lot more.

PPS: I'd love some of those torpedo kegs. And a couple 5-lb CO2 bottles.

PPS: I can tell this never ends...and I've barely been doing it a month.

I'm getting the mini Cannonball keg system from Northern Brewer. My wife just stuck the money in my stocking.

I also received a 1-gallon kit for their Holiday Red Ale--I'm on a quest to find a substitute for Potosi Cave Ale, the one BEFORE they screwed up and changed the recipe this past summer.

And a Wisconsin's Best Beer Guide.

And my son bought the parts and put together for me a black box to control temperature. Incredibly apt gift. I'm using it right now to raise the temp on a couple cases of my first beer that I bottled last weekend, and which needs to be just a skosh higher in temp to condition and carbonate.

PS: If you have any ideas as to kegging systems for a newbie, let me know. I figured the Cannonball wasn't a bad place to start, and every other combination I try to put together costs a lot more.

PPS: I'd love some of those torpedo kegs. And a couple 5-lb CO2 bottles.

PPS: I can tell this never ends...and I've barely been doing it a month.

That's true. Never ends and breaks the bank. The misses or mister wont always like it either, but when you need to brew, you need to brew. Know what I mean?

Wife bought me the Wilserbrewer grand slam package and a beer filtration system. Going to take my beer clarity to the next level!

Back