Loose cannon clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebrooker007

Reaction score
I have been homebrewing for about 20 years using extract now I'm going to move into BIAB. I'm ordering the Brew Boss on Friday and really would like a good clone recipe for Loose Cannon, unfortunately they don't sell it in Kentucky. I searched the recipe database but didn't find anything. I also searched the Internet and never found a definitive recipe. Love the beer hoping someone can help me out.

I work for heavy seas down in Baltimore you can check out the website they have all the ingredients they use listed there and I'm pretty sure they sell the kits online

Thanks lost hopper. Read the Definitely Jon I can't seem to find the recipe/ingredients. Any chance you could send me the link or help me out. I have a friend that lives near Baltimore and we meet up in September for a caving convention would love to bring a clone to to the caving convention.

That's a good price at the brew shop near me they want 68 dollars for it.

Looked at the hsbeer site. I'm new to all grain how much grain of each should I use?

I'm not sure of the exact recipe. But I would shoot for something like 90ish% 2 row, 5% Munich, and 3ish% Caramalt. Shoot for 7.25% ABV, bitter with the warrior aim for 45 IBU's and the main hop I notice is Simcoe.

IMO you could pick a better beer to be inspired by, but I know for a fact(told when I asked at the brewery) that the hop schedule is 90, 60, 30 and hop back.

Thanks. Give me a beer to be inspired by and I will see if I can get it in Kentucky.

IMO you could pick a better beer to be inspired by, but I know for a fact(told when I asked at the brewery) that the hop schedule is 90, 60, 30 and hop back.

I brew there and it is not. Hops are B.B.,WP and we do throw some hops in the hopback
We change recipes every now and then but kettle hops are warrior,simcoe and palisade and hop back is simcoe, palisade, cascade and centennial

Back