Cheap, easier way to clean beer lines :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

30Bones

Reaction score
BobbyM sells this handy little item for FIVE dollars. I bought one, it worked great, but I needed to keep swapping from line to line so I got two more. Now I can clean all 5 of my taps/lines at once with your choice of line cleaner. I plan to add a 6th tap this winter, and this same process will work. The more taps you have, the more jumpers you need to acquire.

So far I have used my March pump, but the plan is to get a dedicated pond pump and also build a keg washer. I also use my Anova sous vide cooker to maintain temps of the PBW I am recirculating. Not a needed item, but I have it and use it for heating strike water most brew days also. Great for it's intended purpose as well. :ban:

No pics, but it's easy to imagine:
-Kettle/pump/PBW to faucet #1 (1/2" ID silicone tubing fits over my Perlick 525's very snug)
-Connect line #1 to line #2 using the jumper
-Faucet #2 to Faucet #3 with 1/2" tubing
-Connect line #3 to line #4 using the jumper
-Faucet #4 to Faucet #5 with 1/2" tubing
-Connect line #5 to to a spare liquid connection with a line going back to the kettle/pump using the jumper.
-Let it recirculate as long as you wish
-Empty cleaner and refill with StarSan and pump that through
-Reconnect lines to kegs and flush out StarSan and enjoy fresh clean lines.

Get on the email list so you know when they come available, he doesn't carry many it seems. Granted if you are pinlock you are out of luck, sorry.

BobbyM sells this handy little item for FIVE dollars. I bought one, it worked great, but I needed to keep swapping from line to line so I got two more. Now I can clean all 5 of my taps/lines at once with your choice of line cleaner. I plan to add a 6th tap this winter, and this same process will work. The more taps you have, the more jumpers you need to acquire.

So far I have used my March pump, but the plan is to get a dedicated pond pump and also build a keg washer. I also use my Anova sous vide cooker to maintain temps of the PBW I am recirculating. Not a needed item, but I have it and use it for heating strike water most brew days also. Great for it's intended purpose as well. :ban:

No pics, but it's easy to imagine:
-Kettle/pump/PBW to faucet #1 (1/2" ID silicone tubing fits over my Perlick 525's very snug)
-Connect line #1 to line #2 using the jumper
-Faucet #2 to Faucet #3 with 1/2" tubing
-Connect line #3 to line #4 using the jumper
-Faucet #4 to Faucet #5 with 1/2" tubing
-Connect line #5 to to a spare liquid connection with a line going back to the kettle/pump using the jumper.
-Let it recirculate as long as you wish
-Empty cleaner and refill with StarSan and pump that through
-Reconnect lines to kegs and flush out StarSan and enjoy fresh clean lines.

Get on the email list so you know when they come available, he doesn't carry many it seems. Granted if you are pinlock you are out of luck, sorry.

Another option is to use 1/4" flare unions like this one
http://www.mscdirect.com/product/de...gle-PLA+-+Test&CS_003=7867724&CS_010=55505382
to jumper the lines (without quick disconnects attached) together.

That works, but then you don't get the disco cleaned in the process and you need to disassemble some things. Not a deal breaker at all. Also that is assuming I have all MFL which I do not. I have a mix n match of barbs and MFL. Not ideal, but I acquired a bunch of barbed ones cheap

Back