Ice Cube Deal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

portski7

Reaction score
Was looking at walmart for a cooler to convert into a mash tun. Was lookin at the Ice Cubes because I had heard people had good luck with them.

I look down and see some 48 quart models and think, "hey, thats about the right size there." Then I look at the price... they were on sale for $4.50 each! So I bought the last two.

Now I'll have 96 quarts of mashing capability as soon as I build some manifolds/ss braids for em, for 10 bux + mats! not bad methinks

Nice score on the cooler! I got one for free so it was a slightly better deal but not by much...

I Followed Alamo_Beer's conversion...SUPER simple since it utilizes the plastic bulkhead that is in the cooler already-just flip it around:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=42027

Or, you can put a bulkhead valve in...your choice.

FYI: I use a tube clamp to stop the flow out of the tube and plan to put in an in-line valve when I find one.

Have fun!

I just saw that right before I read your post, and I like it. Alot.

However, I think I will cough up the money to buy a nipple and ball valve whilst I'm at it for some flow control. The major premise of that seems to be that you use the bulkhead that comes with the cooler, saving money and time on trying to find SS fender washers and whatnot.

Latest posts

Back