How many HBTers have you met in person..?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've now met Brewtopia (again), Joker, Kilted Brewer, and McKBrew.

And yes, Brewtopia, meeting Brewpastor's sister counts. ;)

Bird asked earlier how far we've traveled to meet other HBT'ers. OllllO wins, of course- but I drove round trip 500 miles to Milwaukee and met:

Sause
BernieBrewer
ShortDrive
BrewmeisterJeff
and Cookiebaggs (briefly)

I met Wolf in the past, but haven't seen him on HBT in a while.

YooperBrew said:
Bird asked earlier how far we've traveled to meet other HBT'ers. OllllO wins, of course- but I drove round trip 500 miles to Milwaukee
Yes but you have an unfair advantage (or disadvantage), you have to drive over 200 miles just to get to civilization :D

0 - And I'm still not sure if I'm going to make it to the other end of the state for NHC.

Craig

CBBaron said:
Yes but you have an unfair advantage (or disadvantage), you have to drive over 200 miles just to get to civilization :D

0 - And I'm still not sure if I'm going to make it to the other end of the state for NHC.

Craig

If you want to make it "1," I'm going to be in Cleveland in July.

CBBaron said:

Craig

Oh, I wouldn't call any of them civilized!

AFTER the NHBC, I'll be in the Cleveland/Youngstown/Pittsburgh area for a week or so if anybody wants to get together.

My list keeps building, but I'm no where near ollllio. I'm looking forward to Zinzinatti in June.

Ryan1801 - Addison, TX Flying Saucer
Drunkensatyr - Lewisville, TX BJ's
Lil Sparky - at BCB
Big John Milford - Track 84 Providence, RI
Melana - Track 84 - Providence, RI
BierMuncher O'Fallon, MO
HarvinStl - O'Fallon, MO
TexLaw - Dixie Cup Houston
Brewtopia - Seattle
mrkristofo - SLC
Germey - SLC
Yuri Rage at BCB
TGrier - at BCB
Bike N Brew - Pittsburgh
brewguru - BCB
Jas0420 - BCB
deathweed - BCB
KopyKat - BCB

olllllo said:
If you go to any craft beer bars in Seattle, you probably have run into Brewtopia. You justs have'nt known it yet.

PS. You should seek him out.

:rofl:

I've talked to him in the chat. I try to avoid downtown unless necessary because seattle sees fit to spend 70% of their transportation budget on public transport (that nobody uses) and not enough on the roads.

I bought some stuff off craigslist and the seller ended up being talleymonster.

I brought a buddy onto the site, sirk0rebreg.

So I guess I've met 2 in total.

EdWort said:
My list keeps building, but I'm no where near ollllio. I'm looking forward to Zinzinatti in June.

Ryan1801 - Addison, TX Flying Saucer
Drunkensatyr - Lewisville, TX BJ's
Lil Sparky - at BCB
Big John Milford - Track 84 Providence, RI
Melana - Track 84 - Providence, RI
BierMuncher O'Fallon, MO
HarvinStl - O'Fallon, MO
TexLaw - Dixie Cup Houston
Brewtopia - Seattle
mrkristofo - SLC
Germey - SLC
Yuri Rage at BCB
TGrier - at BCB
Bike N Brew - Pittsburgh
brewguru - BCB
You're at least 2 short. Jas0420 and deathweed came and picked up grain for the B/CS brewers.

Some of those crazy MD guys you see poking around here....man we are all kinda weird ;)

deathweed said:
Hey Lil' Sparky, you're back from oblivion! Has life slowed down for you yet?
No. :(

I'd like to brew in a few weeks, though. I saw the new B/CS brew club is having another GTG on 5/3. I may try to make that. You didn't go to the one this weekend, did you?

bigjohnmilford said:
DaveyBoy said:
Just one, bigjohnmilford. I gave him (and his wife Melana, who wasn't there) a few cases of bottles, and we also exchanged 6-packs.

The exchanging of brown paper bags in the dark Dunkin' Donuts parking lot was definitely one of the sketchier things I've done. :)[/QUOTE

You never know what you're going to see in a Dunkin Donuts parking lot. Thanks again DaveyBoy. We still haven't had a chance to kill that 6er you gave us. Looks like I'll be waiting another week cause someone is hitting the road again this weekend. We met another member at the Providence beerfest in November. I forget his name now. We also almost meet Paul the nurse one time. But since it looks like we'll be headed to his place in late March we'll make up for that.
Perhaps we'll have the chance to meet Ed when he's in Providence.

update, thanks to the group keg buy and the bawston brew gathering swmbo and I have met a bunch more hbters.

DaveyBoy
jeff91082
beerbuddy
beergears
justmrwill
Paulthenurse
Kaiser

and we met up with Edwort back in Febuary. Hope to meet more folks as the good weather is here and we'll be doing a little traveling here and there.

:mug:

The Swmbo and I met up with EriktLupus and his Swmbo down at the Darkhorse Brewery this past Saturday. Had a great time and thats 1 Hbter I have met.

I met up with 98EXL, claphamsa, and flytact over the weekend. Good guys who are (to my great satisfaction) not too picky on screwing up recipes. Long live FrankenSaison!!

Duplicated List: Thats why the numbers don't always incriment.

VAgarNCy 07
1) Dude
2) Boston
3) Nate
4) Walker-san

Tucson Brewout 07
5) DesertBrew

NHC 07
6) Brewpastor
6) Dude
7) RichBrewer
8) Clayof2day
9) ChrisK
10) Brewtopia
11) Brewlikeamonk

GABF 07
12) Hemi
13) StoutMiester
14) drost
15) Dblvsn
15) Brewtopia
16) Get your Brew On

Jersey _ Bobby_M
17) eric_duel
18) cbg3868
19) foxbrew
20) Bobby_M

Local
21) wild
22) trabus
23) coyotylg
24) AZMTNBiker

Came to PHX
25) Cheesefood
25) Bobby_M

Seattle Brewtopia's Holiday Party
25) Brewtopia
25) Get your Brew On
25) Dblvsn
26) McKBrew

Yankee - Bratt 2008
27) Glibbidy
28) Hippie
29) Vermicious
30) Kaiser
31) Kappclark
32) Evanmars
33) Raymcneill
34) The_Bird

Philadelphia
35) landhoney

AZ Strong Beer Fest
36) Chimone
37) Chimone Theo

MKE
38) sause
39) BernieBrewer
40) ShortDrive

olllllo's April Brewout
40) wild
41) Iordz

This weekend in Raleigh, I hope to meet 3-4 more HBTers!

Does it count if I saw Edwort at AHS showing off his big ass blingmann brewpot a couple weeks ago?

I bought a fermentation chiller from txrunhard.

So 1 or 2 depending on if the Edwort sighting counts or not.

Due to me being a super Noob and living in the middle of nowhere Labrador, I have yet to meet anyone. Although in a couple years I get 10 weeks vacation from work and me, the SWMBO and the kids might take a trip south through the states. By then I hope to know something about this craft and will try to hit some meets on my way through, to gain all the knowledge I can.

If anyone ever wants to make a trip to Labrador, then by all means let me know!

Raleigh World Beer Fest
41) Boston
41) Nate
41) Walker-san
42) Chad
43) Baron von Bee Gee
44) capntang
45) Professor Frink
46) nathan
47) JoeBou4860

Due to me being a super Noob and living in the middle of nowhere Labrador, I have yet to meet anyone. Although in a couple years I get 10 weeks vacation from work and me, the SWMBO and the kids might take a trip south through the states. By then I hope to know something about this craft and will try to hit some meets on my way through, to gain all the knowledge I can.

If anyone ever wants to make a trip to Labrador, then by all means let me know!

Labrador?

Is that a town, state, country, or dog?

It's a dog, half a province, and my Town is called Labrador City....I know a town called Labrador City is pretty ironic, but 50 some odd years ago, they invisioned a city, and it never lived up to expectations, so now I live in a town that thinks it is a city.

I know Focus as he is responsible for introducing me to this site.

I will most likely take a journey and meet olllllo as Phoenix is not that far from Albuquerque and a road trip. olllllo seems to be the "Shane" of HBT. ( Obscure L-Word reference there.)

I bet we could start playing "6-degrees of olllllo" and connect every single HBT member to olllllo in 6 steps or less.....

Brewpastor in Albuquerque? Excellent ! ! ! I will definately look him up once I get home from the land of heat and sand. 111 degrees today and this is only the beginning.

Brewpastor in Albuquerque? Excellent ! ! ! I will definately look him up once I get home from the land of heat and sand. 111 degrees today and this is only the beginning.

Corrales baby! Cakehole, where do you reside?

Never mind, I see you are deployed. Hurry home and we will brew a celebration brew.

I am moving to the Westside. Unser and Ladera. I have about 70 more days of "Vacation" and then I would enjoy a nice HB.

I am buying my Mom's house as she is going through a divorce and is currently unemployed. Hard for a 60-year old lady to find work these days. Plus, she would rather stay home for a bit and help my ex-wife take care of my son while I am deployed.

Looks like room to brew will be limited until I can hold a massive garage sale when I get home and make room in the garage for the keezer, lagering fridge, and AG set-up. But it will eventually happen.

Corrales is very nice. Some excellent farmers markets with outstanding fresh green chili there. I really miss walking the markets and smelling chili roasting over a bbq grill. Not too much better than freshly roasted green chili and a nice cold beer!!!

sold Brewtopia my 7BBL system met him here in Redding. I also did a keggel for Willsellout last year met him and his SWMBO here in Redding as well
So....2 and counting
JJ

Back