The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 11 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 03-18-2008, 11:53 PM   #101
slim chillingsworth
Recipes 

Feb 2008
Austin Tx
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse17
Tonight I was bagging someone's groceries, and they had 2 six packs of Blue Moon. I grabbed the first one and through it in a bag hap hazardously, like I would with BMC.

blue moon is a coors product.

SERIOUS BUSINESS BREWERY
---serious -mod edit- business---

my commercial beer notes garret oliver on beer and food josh oakes on beer and food

Old 03-19-2008, 04:24 AM   #102
PNWgirl
Recipes 

Mar 2008
Seattle
Liked 6 Times on 1 Posts

Most friends have generally had good things to say but they also have good taste in beer

However, the funniest thing a friend ever said was after she took a drink of my house Brown Ale and someone made her laugh so hard she had beer come out of her nose... as soon as she could breath again, she said "That was so smooth! That is the first beer that has ever gone through my nose and not burned! This beer is good."

Primary - Stout

on deck - Weizenbock, more Pumpkin Ale, Belgian Wit

People Like This 
Old 03-19-2008, 04:39 AM   #103
eschatz

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Terre Haute, IN
Liked 35 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWgirl
Most friends have generally had good things to say but they also have good taste in beer

However, the funniest thing a friend ever said was after she took a drink of my house Brown Ale and someone made her laugh so hard she had beer come out of her nose... as soon as she could breath again, she said "That was so smooth! That is the first beer that has ever gone through my nose and not burned! This beer is good."

hahahha, thats classic! i bet a double IPA would knock the crap out of your nose if it went through!

What's tappening? :D

Old 03-19-2008, 06:16 AM   #104
Monk
Recipes 

Mar 2006
The Command Center
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKahuna
+1
A co-worker (70+ Years old) :
"Wow. You Brew your own beer? Did you buy your still or make it?'
Me:
Bought it at Wal Mart.
Co Worker:
Wal Mart has Everything.
I love this.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:40 AM   #105
DeadYetiBrew
Recipes 

Jan 2007
Memphis, TN
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWgirl

lol i was drinking a bigfoot barleywine (prefer old foghorn) and was smelling the head, i lifted the glass a bit too close and sniffed foam right into my nose and asophagus..... Wasn't too bad if you like the feeling of drowning lol....

I think the most common thing is.... It's too dark(like color changes taste).... give them a porter.... it's too stout.... got the same comment from a barley wine.... was told that Lion's Stout was too hoppy....

It's really hard to listen to that and not be a beer snob, which of course gets jeers... None the less i continue to let everyone taste, i WILL slowly convert them

I was told my irish red at some point was fruity.... i labored so that it would have no fruity esters, and it didn't.... I say you mean caramel, bready, toasty, kind of malty sweet taste.... No, i taste more hops than anything..... Ugh what?

Old 03-19-2008, 01:26 PM   #106
cronxitawney
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Germantown, MD
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

My buddy told me I did a good job, because my beer tasted like real beer.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:34 PM   #107
GilaMinumBeer
Half-fast Prattlarian
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 7700 Times on 6286 Posts

"That beer is dark"....."I don't like dark beer"

Old 03-19-2008, 01:52 PM   #108
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3200 Times on 1888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer
"That beer is dark"....."I don't like dark beer"
That seems to be the most common comment from the bmc set....

I've been tempted to brew a swartzbier just to have friends who say that try it...

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 03-19-2008, 01:56 PM   #109
drunkatuw
Recipes 

Jul 2007
Rochester, MN
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I had a friend taste BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde and he said it was way too hoppy and bitter (there were 2 oz of hops in a 10 gal batch!).

Then he tried Ed's Haus Pale ale and he said that he hates IPAs (I was surprised he knew what an IPA was...well, atleast he knew the initials). I don't think that recipe with 32 IBU is anywhere close to an IPA.

Oh well, leaves more for me to drink.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:06 PM   #110
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Nov 2007
ANCHORAGE!!
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

drunkatuw

Eds Haus is an APA not an IPA by a long margin
Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...