Help - Changing Beer Lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lagwagon05

Reaction score
New to kegging. My lines need to be changed. What is this metal piece called? I want to know how to remove this and if it is reusable? My thought is I can unclamped it with pliers, slip out the old line and slide a new one in.

New to kegging. My lines need to be changed. What is this metal piece called? I want to know how to remove this and if it is reusable? My thought is I can unclamped it with pliers, slip out the old line and slide a new one in.

The image you posted doesn't show, but they are likely oetiker clamps, in which case they are not reusable.

I use 1/4" barbs and 3/16 line for my keg lines. I heat up the beer line a bit and then it slips over the larger Barb. That way I don't need clamps to keep the lines in place. Works fine for me and my lowtech bevlex beer lines.

Replace the oetiker clamps with hose clamps. Just give them a tighten every once in a while.

1A528_AS01

here is the picture, hope it works this time. The metal piece in question is the part that hooks up to the top of the keg coupler.

20150707_185706.jpg

whats the piece which that thing attaches to look like? That doesnt look like a standard shank fitting

mine had the oetiker clamps others have mentioned. i was failing at removing them with any type of wrench, so i cut them off with a dremel. i would suggest doing that if you have one.

when i put my new beer lines on, i used hose clamps like the ones pictured above. they're like 25 cents from a hardware store. only issue is i have a dual tap tower and the screw part of the clamps needed to be positioned just the right way in order to put the taps back together.

Back