Too much head...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeljcarr

Reaction score
So I have been kegging for a couple years now and I still can't seem to get it right. Originally I had my tubing too short, 7'. So I coupled two 7' foot sections together with a barb fitting. It flows well for half a pour and then starts to foam. I'm assuming it's because of the barb in the middle but before I replace it, was hoping to get your thoughts.

I also have problems with my regulator drifting up over time. I'll set it for 12 psig; when I check it in a couple of months it's 20psig. I actually changed my first regulator because it did this and now I find the replace does the same thing. Do they all do this or am i just buying crappy regulators.

So I have been kegging for a couple years now and I still can't seem to get it right. Originally I had my tubing too short, 7'. So I coupled two 7' foot sections together with a barb fitting. It flows well for half a pour and then starts to foam. I'm assuming it's because of the barb in the middle but before I replace it, was hoping to get your thoughts.

I also have problems with my regulator drifting up over time. I'll set it for 12 psig; when I check it in a couple of months it's 20psig. I actually changed my first regulator because it did this and now I find the replace does the same thing. Do they all do this or am i just buying crappy regulators.

Obligatory joke: I didn't know there could be too much head! :ban:

I'd suspect the barb fitting. Try a 10' - 12' beer line without the splice.

I haven't seen any drift problems with my Taprite regulator. What brand are you using?

Brew on :mug:

are you changing where you store your tank over those couple months? I'm wondering if it's related to a temperature change.

I don't remember the brand, but I got it through Northern Brewer; it was pretty standard, not a high end brand.

The tank is in the kegorator and should be at a pretty constant temperature.

Back