Fish fertilizer and its usage question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olotti

Reaction score
So I bought some Alaska fish fertilizer and did some googling and it looks like this can be used biweekly with one capful diluted in water. I have a 2gal water can so I was gonna dilute 1 capful in 2 gal then just water each pot with 1 gal of water then maybe refill and water again but we've been getting a lot of rain lately so the 1st gal may b enough. Anyone else use this stuff and what was your schedule of usage. It's based at 5-1-1.

I found a farmer/gardening forum that recommended 1-2 capfuls diluted in 1 gal of water. So that's what I hit em with so we'll see what happens. So far I've got one bine up to 12' and the other at about 9' but that's off the same plant and I did 3 bines per string so being first year plants I'm happy with that so far so we'll see what a little more nitrogen does to the foliage, even though I read that at this stage nitrogen is more for developing and strengthening the roots anyway.

I found a farmer/gardening forum that recommended 1-2 capfuls diluted in 1 gal of water. So that's what I hit em with so we'll see what happens. So far I've got one bine up to 12' and the other at about 9' but that's off the same plant and I did 3 bines per string so being first year plants I'm happy with that so far so we'll see what a little more nitrogen does to the foliage, even though I read that at this stage nitrogen is more for developing and strengthening the roots anyway.

Let me know what you think of that fertilizer. I was thinking of using the same fertilizer or maybe combining that with Bio bloom. This is my first year of growing hops as well so I am pretty undecided on what fertilizer to use here in the SE Michigan area.

Latest posts

Back