Filling growlers from picnic tap. Flat beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotbags-10

Reaction score
So I have just a makeshift kegerator out of a fridge with a couple of cornies but there using picnic taps. I saw where you can fill growlers using a racking cane attached to the picnic output and just turn your gas down to where the beer is barely flowing out. So I did this and within just an hour or two my growlers were flat. Am I doing this wrong? Is there a different way?

So I have just a makeshift kegerator out of a fridge with a couple of cornies but there using picnic taps. I saw where you can fill growlers using a racking cane attached to the picnic output and just turn your gas down to where the beer is barely flowing out. So I did this and within just an hour or two my growlers were flat. Am I doing this wrong? Is there a different way?

Did you use a stopper, or something to hold the foaming down? Like this: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=24678

Otherwise, a long piece of tubing (like the racking cane) but if you have ANY foaming, that is where the c02 is going.

Latest posts

Back