sour beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wzd

Reaction score
ok, first beer was a Belgian Saison. Came out great, carbed up in a few weeks. a couple months later, some celler aged botles went to the vacated space in the fridge. These ended up with a sour taste.

1) was the beer infected

2) should beer go into the fridge after carbing?

ok, first beer was a Belgian Saison. Came out great, carbed up in a few weeks. a couple months later, some celler aged botles went to the vacated space in the fridge. These ended up with a sour taste.

1) was the beer infected

2) should beer go into the fridge after carbing?

Most Saisons seem to have a sour bite, I quite like that about them.
Which yeast did you use? I doubt it (the sour taste) is from an infection.

I hated the taste of my first saison when I opened the first bottle and was considering dumping the whole batch. Six months later it was a nice beer to drink. Don't rush to judgement on your saison, it may just need more time.

Yeast was WLP566, ferm temp was 68-69. The initial taste (2-5 weeks after bottling) was fruity, some Belgian funk. Carb levels seemed 'right' based on other Belgians I've had.

After about 8 weeks, the bottles that were cellar stored tasted more sour than fruity, and also the carbing was 'different' - finer bubbles, seemed fizzier.

Latest posts

Back