How's my brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome. Love to have som explanation as to what the various components are. What are those black rubber filter housing looking things?

Damn cool man.

So is it a 1 BBL? I think I see three vessels, so I'm assuming it's a traditional BK, MT, HLT setup. They're off set though, so are you gravity feeding at some point?

How are you dealing with what must be a ton of spent grain in terms of removal from MT?

Are you also building fermenters? Are you planning a cold room or some other form of temperature control?

That is a sweet build. You must be an engineer or machinist or something. Good stuff!

So it brews about 20-25 gallons a batch. All stainless construction. It is electrically heated with a burner for the kettle so it can be either. Has 12 air operated valves all of which are pharmaceutical grade. Electrical panel is 24x32 and mounted on a pivot to the stainless frame. Whole system weighs about 1500lbs or so. Heat exchanger can heat or cool so it works as a mash heater as well as a wort cooler. Calculations say it should cool down to 70 f in 6 minutes. Flow rates are 12 gal/min with sanitary gear pump. Mash run is double walled with insulation between to hold temps. I always explain it as ridiculous.

Mash run gravity feeds to kettle. The mash run pivots and dumps into a trash can

I will try and do a more thorough write up and explanation soon. Thanks for the comments.

Im guessing you take brewing quite seriously!
4p.jpg

Wow! Thats quite the rig. Definitely has a "future time warp" look to it. I'm hoping it produces as great a beer as it looks. I would love to see it in operation as you brew. Maybe you can post a youtube of your brew day?

you realy need to up your game, from that mickey mouse unit, i have a extra MR. Beer I can trade you for it.

Welcome!

Let me be the first of many to tell you, you're gonna regret not going 50 gallon. I mean for the same amount of work you can have twice as much beer.

What's a sanitary gear pump? You mean a rotary lobe pump?

I have had the system running manually for 5 years and love the volume. I can run double batches off the mt as it is 48gallon. Sanitary gear pump is similar to lobe pump but with helical gears. Made by unibloc.

Damn that's ridiculous...Nice work. Can it read your mind and brew the beer your imagining:) If so i want one.

Mormons are single and have understanding wives?

pssshhh! don't you know anything? Mormons don't live by the same space/time laws as the rest of us. they can be married with kids and yet also existing simultaneously and a point before they got married. say you're eating an apple. you are holding the half eaten apple in your right hand. look in your left hand. it's a lottery ticket with only 2 of the numbers off. don't look at your left hand, it's a distraction. look back at your right hand, at the half eaten apple. it is simultaneously existing with the same uneaten apple in the same space. this is how Mormons exist on a daily basis. but it only works with the present coexisting with the past and not the present coexisting with the future. in special cases, the past can coexist with the future but not with the present as well.

I hope this helped to clear up the mysteries of the Mormons a little!

Latest posts

Back