Albino stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BHBC2020

Reaction score
I had an albino stout last night at a local brew pub and it was fantastic! I would like to try to brew this does anybody have a good recipe I could try?

Where was the color and bitterness?
Did it taste like a chocolate ale or nut brown?
Did it taste like a stout?
Mouthfeel.....was it thin or chewy?

refreshing pale-looking stout. It's not heavy, low in alcohol at 5.4 percent, and holds a nice vanilla taste with a hint of white chocolate.

I had the albino stout from Butcher and Brewer on Super Bowl Sunday, any chance you're talking the same beer?

It definitely had a really nice soft mouthfeel that was chewy despite the fact that it was a nice golden color. Really had the consistency of standard stout without the color.

My initial cut on it was no chocolate malt and a light crystal to keep the color light but otherwise brewed like a stout.

I haven't put together a recipe for it yet but I was toying with coming up of one of my own just to see if I could homebrew it.

Latest posts

Back