My brew cave finished at last

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the bar & table made from refuse wood products. And I definitely want that Carling sign! I've been wanting to collect some old beer signs. Our class photographer from high school collected a bunch of them. Did you marbleize the spindle top, or?...

I like the bar a lot. Nice setup. One thing though, do you have a carbon monoxide detector and decent ventilation on there? Unless that propane tank isn't actually part of the brew process, of course.

I like the bar & table made from refuse wood products. And I definitely want that Carling sign! I've been wanting to collect some old beer signs. Our class photographer from high school collected a bunch of them. Did you marbleize the spindle top, or?...

I like the bar a lot. Nice setup. One thing though, do you have a carbon monoxide detector and decent ventilation on there? Unless that propane tank isn't actually part of the brew process, of course.

Thanks for the comments.....
"unionrdr", The bar is made from old pallets and a piece of as that was cut funny when being felled, I planed sanded, shaped, stained, and 5 coats of yacht varnish. The carling sign is plugged in and came from the pub.

"Hello;6776182" yes the tank is part of the set up BUT what you see is only 1/2 the shed. The roof is pitched and 18/20' high the windows act as part vent and the rig moves out to the roller doors which are open when brewing :). I could put in an extractor hood. The gas line is 12' long and allows me to put the gas outside away from all activity...

The layout is R-L make the beer, ferment the beer, serve the beer and sit and drink the beer :)
Movable brew rig on right
Fermentation chamber in centre (right door is cold side for lagers and cold crashing, it can drop to and hold steady at 1c, left door is warm side, for ale fermentation and conditioning etc)
Bar on the left, 3 tap font pouring through cooler,
The drinking/poker table is not quite finished but it does what it says...

Did you marbleize the spindle top, or?...

No I painted roughly in black the whitewashed it, let dry and went at it with the sander. The plan is to mark out some compass design using the big spanner as the hand. I'm also wrapping rope around the middle and the varnish to finish off.. That's the plan anyway 😁

@OhCrap Very cool. For safety, I'd stick a CO detector in there. I'll take my hall monitor sash off now. :D

I love the bar because it's a nice place to store bottles nicely. It sounds like a nice huge space.

I was wondering about the spool, since I've sen those marble painting kits at the f*** it up yourself stores. One of those spools might be better than the 1921 Shaker drop-leaf table I have in mine at the moment. It's a bit big for the room.

I think that gas cylinder is butane and not propane. I'd still get a carbon monoxide detector in though (says man with detector still in its packaging for nearly 2 years now).

Looks great OhCrap. Thats a lovely bit of space to have.

This is so perfect! It's always been obvious to me that the best bars in the world hover over a working brewery floor. And the best place I ever played poker was in a old boatyard workshop that was crammed with power tools and rusty hardware.

The poker/drinking table pulls everything together. It looks so inviting - may I invite myself over for a few hands and a few pints next time I'm in the County Galway?

I think that gas cylinder is butane and not propane. I'd still get a carbon monoxide detector in though (says man with detector still in its packaging for nearly 2 years now).

Looks great OhCrap. Thats a lovely bit of space to have.

It's butane alright, I should get a detector but sure it'll stay in the box for awhile :)

This is so perfect! It's always been obvious to me that the best bars in the world hover over a working brewery floor. And the best place I ever played poker was in a old boatyard workshop that was crammed with power tools and rusty hardware.

The poker/drinking table pulls everything together. It looks so inviting - may I invite myself over for a few hands and a few pints next time I'm in the County Galway?

You are very welcome to drop in, as is anyone. :))

Can't wait to own my own house! Told the wife when we build a house there will be a man cave bar/brew room or detached building.

And, unlike my short-sightedness, do not put carpet in the man cave/brewery! Wanna put a hardwood plank floor in here. I like the cable spool table bit.

And, unlike my short-sightedness, do not put carpet in the man cave/brewery! Wanna put a hardwood plank floor in here. I like the cable spool table bit.

Concrete floor sealed with workshop floor polysumting paint, can't put wood down with spills etc and behind me is a 67 mustang which might mark the wood 😜

Nice! I've had 4 Mustangs so far; 64 1/2, 76 cobra II, 79 & 99 35th GT anniversary. Since my man cave/brewery is on the first floor in front of the house, painted floor is out. Tile would get slippery, so ??:mug:

Oh god just the though of slippery floors with a glass carboy in hand.

Very nice brew room. As leam Neeson would say,"I will find you, and drink beer with you"

Nice cave. The wife unit and I are about to close on a house that has a decent size shed that I can put my brew gear in and room for a fridge for fermenting when it gets warm

Oh god just the though of slippery floors with a glass carboy in hand.

Very nice brew room. As leam Neeson would say,"I will find you, and drink beer with you"

Find me and drink....the more the merrier 😝 oh I don't use glass....

Latest posts

Back